Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Have coupons changed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/have-coupons-changed-t255404.html)

citruscountyquilter 10-17-2014 04:16 AM

Have coupons changed?

I have received JoAnn's coupons and flyers for years by mail and have used the coupons enough to keep the offers coming. When I got a smart phone I also downloaded the JoAnn's app and used coupons from that. When I started the coupons were 50% off and then eventually went to 40% off. The coupons I got on the phone app were similar to the ones in the flyers.

Lately I've noticed that I'm getting more post cards and fewer flyers. The biggest change however is the coupon on my phone app. Often it is for 20-30% or only for custom framing. I'm disappointed in the app change because I often used that when I didn't have my flyer handy. Has anyone else noticed changes in their coupons or app?

janRN 10-17-2014 04:37 AM

I've also noticed this. I haven't seen a 50% off coupon or a flyer--just post cards. The last post card had 3 coupons for 30% off. I need a new cutting mat and have been waiting for a 50% off coupon and no sale on that item--still waiting.

quiltingnd 10-17-2014 04:48 AM

I have a coupons app and noticed the change as well. It use to be a 50% coupon. Now it's only 20-30%. I found a 50% coupon online and made an order online for some flannel. A few days later, I got an email saying they canceled my order. They claimed they were out of stock for my flannel. No call or anything asking if I wanted a substitute. I really think they canceled because of the coupon. I was getting 7 yards of flannel for $21.

IrishgalfromNJ 10-17-2014 05:13 AM

I have the JoAnn's app as well, but I am also signed up for the email coupons and I get my email on my phone. I just got two coupons this morning, one is for 20% my total order and one is for 40% off one regular priced item.

Abby'smom 10-17-2014 05:16 AM

Yes, I guess everyone is using coupons at Joann's -- my last flyer has a 50% off and a 40%off and the online site has a 30%off and a 20%off total -- in the past there have been a 60% and more 40% coupons -- oh well, I remember the coupons from years ago when I was thrilled with 20 or 30% off scratch off -- the coupons are a good way to save money!!

Sewnoma 10-17-2014 05:24 AM

I haven't really been paying close attention lately. I do know I got a 60% off from Joanns just a few weeks ago, which I think was pretty rare. I got a whole bolt (12 yards) of 108" backing fabric for under $50. I am SET for quilt backs now, as long as solid navy blue works with the quilt!

It has seemed like 40% off coupons are a lot more common than the 50% off these days. Honestly I usually use them at Beverly's anyway....they only honor up to 30% off on fabric on competitor coupons and only one coupon per transaction and they won't take online/app coupons, but they have LQS-quality fabrics there that Joann's just doesn't have. So when I have Joann's flyer coupons and I am going to use them for fabric, that's usually where I take 'em!

Sally J 10-17-2014 07:08 AM

I've noticed the same thing. I also learned that if you use the phone app for coupons it doesn't register with Joann's so you could stop getting the flyers. I make sure to use the flyer coupons or have them scan the flyer so I keep on the mailing address. I also use the coupons at Beverly's as I think they have better fabric selections

Cactus Stitchin 10-17-2014 08:21 AM

Not too long ago when I used a coupon the cashier at JoAnn's asked if I wanted to sign up for the "advanced" coupon plan. Evidently JoAnn's found printing and mailing the flyers for such a large number of customers expensive so they started an "advanced" plan to help pare the list and to save costs. At that time I was told the phone app would only contain a 30% coupon in the future and that the larger discount coupons would only be available in the new "advanced" plan. You might want to inquire the next time you are in the store. Since then I have only received the cardboard coupons. Hope this helps.

duette 10-17-2014 08:37 AM

I have had that same experience. Ordered on the day the ad came out..next ad..same thing on the flannel. I feel that is dishonest and not good business practice. I have searched around and gotten good prices online..no need for the fake coupon.

sewmini 10-17-2014 08:54 AM

I too thought they were putting out less 50% off coupons but here lately they have been pretty generous with the coupons. I used 2 50% off coupons last week and this week I received a card with a 50% off coupon for fabric a 50% coupon for one item and a 50% off for all thread. I also have coupon in mail email for a 50% off coupon. I have noticed that the in store flyers will sometimes have a 50% off coupon in them or a 20% off total purchase coupon. Gotta have those coupons to be able to afford this expensive hobby! Wish they would just get those prices down and be done with it.....has to cost money to make those coupons and send them. I often use JA coupons at Hancock Fabrics or I like some of the quilting fabrics better.