Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Have you rec'd your current Block magazine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/have-you-recd-your-current-block-magazine-t256232.html)

GrammieJan 11-02-2014 11:32 AM

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

I rec'd mine Friday. It is not very interesting this time, in my opinion. Boring patterns, etc.

toverly 11-02-2014 01:04 PM

This one didn't grab my attention either. I'm debating about cancelling it. Have you made anything from tjhem yet?

Gannyrosie 11-02-2014 01:15 PM

Ditto on thinking about cancelling since she has the you tubes which many are dup's. I do love her and just hoping I see something unique.

grammy of 6 11-02-2014 06:37 PM

I also got mine on Friday. Does anyone know if there are any corrections posted yet?

sewingsuz 11-02-2014 06:38 PM

I have not gotten mine yet. Sorry to hear that it is kind of boring!

ktigger2 11-02-2014 07:27 PM

I loved it. I've subscribed since the beginning and only had one issue I wouldn't make more than one thing out of. It's really well done, all in color and I think a fantastic price point. And I love having written instructions for the video patterns. This issue made me want to get some orange/fall fabric, and I'm a blue girl.

Geri B 11-03-2014 04:20 AM

Yes, recd mine too....am also thinking of canceling, not because of anything really wrong with mag/book, just realizing I have way too many books/mags and am not zeroing in on any of them....

youngduncan 11-03-2014 04:24 AM

I have not received mine yet [us "y" people are way down on the list, I guess], but I got to skim through a proof copy at the IQF in Houston. It was bright and colorful and a joy to look through. Alas! I just missed getting to meet Jennie in person. Still, the magazines/books are some of my favorites -- even if I never make a project from them.

quilttiger 11-03-2014 05:04 AM

I received my copy and I love it! I happen to be hard of hearing and the so called closed captioning on YouTubes (it does not matter who makes them) is very poor. Often times, words don't match what the person is saying. It is wonderful to get more thorough information from the Block magazine so that I can make fun things from Jenny's tutorials. Like Geri B. above, I also get magazines, and books...sometimes too many to enjoy. I just cancelled the remaining magazines and plan to stay with Block. It is a pleasure to get it in the mail and have a restful afternoon (with a cup of yummy flavored coffee!) looking at the pictures and the little articles that come with them. No more annoying ads, too. I have made a number of the projects, and it puts fun into making quilts. It is true corrections are needed, but they should lessen as time goes by.

coopah 11-03-2014 05:29 AM

Yes! I enjoy looking through and reading the personal bits. Also, the YouTubes are great, but IMHO, it is easier to make a pattern with the book instead of finding the spot on the YouTube that I need for a refresher. It's like anything else, some folks will like it and some won't. If I use one pattern from it, that's less expensive than one pattern for $9.00+. And those have mistakes, too. As a teacher, I know that writing directions is way harder than telling someone directions. I'm keeping my subscription and consider it a treat that I can enjoy over and over again.