Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Have you seen the new Create and Craft channel on tv? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/have-you-seen-new-create-craft-channel-tv-t263311.html)

mama's place 03-31-2015 08:26 PM

We have tried everything to even get Netflix to stream on our TV. Was told that our internet is just too slow to do anything but watch Netflix on my computer screen. We tried Roku, a Smart Tv, etc. We kept running into the same issue even after Centurylink sped up our service a bit. I am very lousy at technology stuff and wore myself out and my husband and a niece of mine also. Need to try again but I have to be in a very calm state to even begin to start it up again. I also spent lots of time on the phone with several different computer and phone and Netflix and Roku people. They all blamed our internet service. We are in an area where there is very little competition for service so we are stuck with slow go internet. Brenda

ar007tornado 04-01-2015 04:29 AM

We got the roku from walmart, hubby hooked it up, I think it's easy to hook up. I wouldn't ev
er pay for direct tv or dish again as long as I can make this work. We can watch what we want and when we want it and not barraged with commercials all the time (there are a few commercials but not like regular tv)
QUOTE=kathdavis;7147891]I looked up Roku and it seems you have to purchase a Roku player of sort. I'm confused, but interested.[/QUOTE]

ar007tornado 04-01-2015 04:30 AM

This is true about the service. Unless you have a fast internet speed, the roku won't work well.

Originally Posted by mama's place (Post 7149148)
We have tried everything to even get Netflix to stream on our TV. Was told that our internet is just too slow to do anything but watch Netflix on my computer screen. We tried Roku, a Smart Tv, etc. We kept running into the same issue even after Centurylink sped up our service a bit. I am very lousy at technology stuff and wore myself out and my husband and a niece of mine also. Need to try again but I have to be in a very calm state to even begin to start it up again. I also spent lots of time on the phone with several different computer and phone and Netflix and Roku people. They all blamed our internet service. We are in an area where there is very little competition for service so we are stuck with slow go internet. Brenda

patricej 04-01-2015 04:50 AM

A Roku device will make several networks available.
Which one should I browse through in order to find this particular show?

luvrazz 04-01-2015 06:26 AM

This is not the same as CreateTV on your TV. CreateTV is a PBS channel. I have Cox and do not get it, however I have a Roku and do get the Create and craft show which is more like a shopping channel.

Onebyone 04-01-2015 09:56 AM

The co anchors are not censored like they are here. They say anything. LOL Fun to watch.

mjhaess 04-08-2015 01:12 PM

I have time warner and did not see that on cable...