Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   I bought the Fons and Porter Digital Magazine and got a pleasant surprise! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/i-bought-fons-porter-digital-magazine-got-pleasant-surprise-t224965.html)

AlienQuilter 07-01-2013 04:20 PM

I bought the Fons and Porter Digital Magazine and got a pleasant surprise!

I was able to download it to view in Adobe (and saved to my computer) - much faster than viewing online. Was able to print the pattern that I wanted.

Well, browsing through magazine I came to an ad for Craftys. Theres a note that says to use a link right below it to save 50 percent on classes. Almost all of them showed 50 percent off! Since this magazine is 6 months old I guess the link does not expire.

So, those of you who already have the digital eddition see if you have an add for Craftsy with a link for 50 percent off.

delma_paulk 07-01-2013 04:29 PM

Thanks for the info!

delma

Cybrarian 07-01-2013 04:33 PM

Well I would but I'm not accessing the ones I already have! My wish list has 3 items on it... there's a down side to knowing you have them "forever"- for me anyway. Love them though, sometimes I have one going as I work on something else! :o

Pollytink 07-01-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 6154540)
I was able to download it to view in Adobe (and saved to my computer) - much faster than viewing online. Was able to print the pattern that I wanted.

What issue was it? month? Do you know if it's in the print edition too?

AlienQuilter 07-02-2013 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pollytink (Post 6154869)
What issue was it? month? Do you know if it's in the print edition too?

Jan/Feb 2013 issue.

The annoying part about printing the pattern out is that the adds came with it!

Lady Diana 07-02-2013 07:49 AM

Always look for the Printer Version on the page. Sometimes it is there, other times it is not.
I purchased software called SnagIt. Love it. All you do is select the correct format, regular cut or scrolling and you are ready to capture the picture, test, whatever you want. It automatically pastes it on the snagit page and you can edit further on their page, copy and past in word, or send it to yourself or friend via email.

AlienQuilter 07-02-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana (Post 6155643)
Always look for the Printer Version on the page. Sometimes it is there, other times it is not.
I purchased software called SnagIt. Love it. All you do is select the correct format, regular cut or scrolling and you are ready to capture the picture, test, whatever you want. It automatically pastes it on the snagit page and you can edit further on their page, copy and past in word, or send it to yourself or friend via email.

Thanks Diana, I will ask DH about this software. He's in charge of the computers since that's what he does for a living.

tapngram 07-03-2013 02:17 PM

I received an email today from Craftys that said certain classes are 50% off.