Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   If you have patterns saved on Craftsy..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/if-you-have-patterns-saved-craftsy-t301855.html)

Watson 12-29-2018 07:32 AM

If you have patterns saved on Craftsy.....

If you have free patterns saved on Craftsy ...go and download them so you don't lose them.

Craftsy is purging a whole lot of designers immediately and if they had free designs that you had perhaps saved, they will no longer be available. If you have any free patterns saved, I would download them to your computer right away.

You won't lose any patterns or classes that you paid for.

Watson

Jennifer23 12-29-2018 07:49 AM

Any free or paid pattern that you have in your library will still be there, even if the pattern was purged from the site.

The only way you will lose a pattern is if the author "updates" it, and replaces the pattern with a document pointing you to their website or something. I lost a couple patterns I had paid for this way, and I'm really upset with the pattern author, but that's her fault, not Craftsy's.

Watson 12-29-2018 09:33 AM

There are numerous of the free pattern downloads in "My Patterns" that no longer have pictures attached, but you're right, I can still download them. I guess those designers were some of the ones who were not retained by Craftsy? Still, I'd download all my patterns asap if they are making changes.

They got rid of all of the Tobacco Road New York Beauty downloads except for two and I had planned to do a quilt using a bunch of those in the new year. Hopefully, I can find them on Etsy. If you had plans to use any designs off of Craftsy, better buy them now just in case they aren't available later.

Watson

thrums 12-29-2018 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info. I was looking for a pattern today that is no longer on Craftsy. Wondered why.

thrums 12-29-2018 05:43 PM

I was in the process of downloading and saving my pattern from my Craftsy library and apparently a number of other people had the same idea. My library is inoperable at this time. Have any of you had the same issue?

Note: When the site was working. I could only click on the download arrow to open the pattern. After I the pdf download link was visible, I had to right click open in new tab to get my pattern file to download. Then I could save it.

RJLinkletter 12-29-2018 10:41 PM

The whole craftsy mess is disgusting in my opinion. Designers were given a week’s notice (over Christmas) that their shop would either be removed or culled significantly. One of my favourite designers had over 300 patterns in her shop - they have left her with 26 random ones. They have not been chosen by popularity or date added. I think the whole thing is a mess

Judith1005 12-30-2018 05:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure how this would affect me or my patterns. I found a lot of things already gone. I wonder what Craftsy will look like after all the changes and how many designers will bother posting anything anymore??? Especially the smaller home designers.

quilterpurpledog 12-30-2018 05:36 AM

I've had trouble with Craftsy as well. I have contacted them by email twice. I received answers both times, but not the right answers. The third time I contacted them, they did not bother to answer. I know that the problem is on their end. I really do not want to go to the subscription service.

Judith1005 12-30-2018 07:24 AM

I won't go to subscription service with Craftsy either. There is too much that is free of charge on the internet itself. I do buy patterns occasionally. There are some that I just love, love, love. But, I've also bought a few that have absolutely horrible directions that I've just never bothered to make because of it. A total waste. But, the good out weighs the bad.

shasta5718 12-30-2018 07:35 AM

I had trouble getting it to open so tried another internet browser and it worked just fine.