Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Inexpensive stash ORGANIZATION! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/inexpensive-stash-organization-t61991.html)

dsb38327 08-29-2010 08:36 AM

This is fabulous.

ann clare 08-29-2010 08:37 AM

Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas.

Joanie2 08-29-2010 08:41 AM

I am so glad I looked at this thread today. What a great idea!
I have saved some of these containers so that when I need to send home leftovers with a guest I don't have to give up my good Tupperware or Rubbermaid stuff that never seems to come back to me. These containers look great on your shelf and they have holes in them (or most of them) so that your fabric can breathe. Also could be a great way to package a gift of fabric for a friend. All you need is a pretty ribbon and you're done. Some of the LQS use them to make "lunch boxes" or "cinnamon rolls". And the tall drink containers like we get at McDonald's iced coffee in have been used for "milk shakes", latte colored fabrics. I will definitely look a little closer when I go to Costco or the supermarket. Always great to find a new way to reduce, re-use and recycle. Everyone wins!

Rosyhf 08-29-2010 08:44 AM

I have way too much fabric to use those containers, not that I don't use some for here and there. I love the silver ware trays to hold my strips when I am doing a log cabin tho.

debbieumphress 08-29-2010 09:04 AM

I was just at costco yesterday and have some of those containers that came with veggies and fruits too. ALso the bread ones. Yahoo. Great for projects and scrappies too. Thanks for sharing.

amandasgramma 08-29-2010 09:08 AM

Great idea! Wish i'd seen it the other day...before I tossed out some of those containers! Thanks!

I, too, have used the silverware trays for my log cabin pieces and found it VERY helpful. I bought 3 of them for $1.00 each at a thrift store!

farmquilter 08-29-2010 09:08 AM

My oh my, mine went in the recycle bin last week. Never thought about using them for fabric. Now I need to get the word out for family to save theirs for me.
Thank you grammy Dwynn for the link, love her stash of 30's fabrics.
Jan

mzsooz 08-29-2010 09:24 AM

I now have a never ending supply of baby formula containers! Not the little round ones...the bigger rectangular plastic ones. I wish they were see thru but I do have a label maker. Now to figure out what to store in them.

brookemarie19 08-29-2010 09:38 AM

Man, I wish I had a costco. All we have here is Walmart that is close enough to do grocery shopping, and almost everything they have is plastic baggies. I do go to Sam's every now and then and just bought grapes that are in one of those containers. I will definitely keep my eyes out for those things and hope i like what's in the... LOL Thanks for showing.

BellaBoo 08-29-2010 09:47 AM

I have lots of those in the fridge now! Great idea!! It's one of the why didn't I think of that. And they are lightweight and won't add to the strain on my fabric self.