Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Info about rotary blades and great price. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/info-about-rotary-blades-great-price-t319152.html)

Onebyone 09-15-2022 10:19 AM

Info about rotary blades and great price.

I went to a tool expo with my husband sometime ago and ended up listening to a vendor about saw blades. He was going on and on about the great blades from Japanese steel. I knew needles made in Japan were excellent so I asked about blades used in a rotary cutter and he knew what they were! He said his sister was a quilter. He showed me on Amazon what blades he recommended for her to use. I did order them and very pleased. I waited to post because I wanted to see how the blade lasted. It is still as sharp as it was from day one. . I ordered four more packages today. I don't have buy rotary blades for years now. 15 per pack for about $17. The first time I ordered it was a cheaper price but still a great price now.
HEADLEY TOOLS Titanium Coated 45mm Rotary Cutter Blades 15 Pack

Stitchnripper 09-15-2022 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=Onebyone;8566993]I went to a tool expo with my husband sometime ago and ended up listening to a vendor about saw blades. He was going on and on about the great blades from Japanese steel. I knew needles made in Japan were excellent so I asked about blades used in a rotary cutter and he knew what they were! He said his sister was a quilter. He showed me on Amazon what blades he recommended for her to use. I did order them and very pleased. I waited to post because I wanted to see how the blade lasted. It is still as sharp as it was from day one. . I ordered four more packages today. I don't have buy rotary blades for years now. 15 per pack for about $17. The first time I ordered it was a cheaper price but still a great price now.
HEADLEY TOOLS Titanium Coated 45mm Rotary Cutter Blades 15 Pack[/QUOTE

thanks. I just ordered these

ibex94 09-15-2022 02:06 PM

Thank you for the recommendation and review!

Rhonda K 09-15-2022 04:37 PM

Thank you for the post and the information. It’s always helpful to know the quality and experience before ordering.

QuiltnLady1 09-15-2022 07:42 PM

Thankyou for the information. Just wish the 60mm was titanium coated since I use that size most often.

Snooze2978 09-16-2022 05:33 AM

Just checked on Amazon and their 60mm are not titanium coated as the 45mm and that's what I use. I guess I could change over to the 45mm though. Thanks for the tip.

"cat"astrophy 09-17-2022 04:17 AM

Thank you for the tip Onebyone, I will definitely be checking on those blades.

rjwilder 09-17-2022 04:41 AM

Thank you for the information, I just ordered them.

laurilli 09-18-2022 08:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I ordered them. For those of you using 60mm, did you see the Autohometools 60mm titanium 10 blades for $18/19? I know nothing about the brand but might be worth a try.

jmoore 09-19-2022 02:58 AM

Thank you for sharing the blade information and your experience with the blades Onebyone.