Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Intro to English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/intro-english-paper-piecing-jenny-doan-sue-daley-t285095.html)

thrums 01-09-2017 10:47 AM

Intro to English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley

Sue makes it look so easy. Great tips too!

Intro to English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN7dZJ-R4E8

Sleepy Hollow 01-09-2017 11:28 AM

Thank you for the link. English paper piecing is on my list of methods to learn, so any and all tips will help!

QuiltnNan 01-09-2017 01:05 PM

thanks for sharing the link

ube quilting 01-09-2017 02:01 PM

Sue Daley is the best for EPP, imho. i learned so much from her tutorials. TFS.
peace

Geri B 01-10-2017 06:24 AM

Yes, Sue is definitely why I tried hexies....love the glue pen! But I like the acrylic templates from paperpieces.com better, the seam allowance of 3/8".... Wouldn't think that would make a difference, but it does..to me anyway..either glueing or basting is much easier with that extra bit of fabric...love her knicker Knots!

wonder if MSCQ will be a dealer for her patterns, notions?

NoraB 01-10-2017 08:54 AM

Thanks for the link. That is one thing I will do in 2017. I've got the little paper pieces all set - have the fabric squares - just need to jump in. This tutorial will definitely help!

What is everyone planning to do? Mine are 1" hexies......still not sure what I'm making? But, need a "traveling" project to do in the car while traveling.

What are your various project ideas for hexies?

Beachbaby12 01-10-2017 11:51 AM

Been working on Grandmother's flower garden with 1930's reproduction fabrics since 2009 - can you believe it? It's my therapy I'm hand piecing with quiltpatis - plastic templates.

thrums 01-10-2017 08:15 PM

Sue Daley products

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7737907)
Yes, Sue is definitely why I tried hexies....love the glue pen! But I like the acrylic templates from paperpieces.com better, the seam allowance of 3/8".... Wouldn't think that would make a difference, but it does..to me anyway..either glueing or basting is much easier with that extra bit of fabric...love her knicker Knots!

wonder if MSCQ will be a dealer for her patterns, notions?

MSQC does carry her products. I wrote and requested MSQC create a kit to accompany the tutorial. I received a response the suggestion will be considered. We'll see.

thrums 01-10-2017 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 7738036)
Thanks for the link. That is one thing I will do in 2017. I've got the little paper pieces all set - have the fabric squares - just need to jump in. This tutorial will definitely help!

What is everyone planning to do? Mine are 1" hexies......still not sure what I'm making? But, need a "traveling" project to do in the car while traveling.

What are your various project ideas for hexies?

The pattern by Sue includes two thread catchers, a needle case and a pin cushion. You could create pot holders, mug rugs, frame the flower the list goes on. And as Beachbaby suggested you could start a Grandmothers flower garden quilt.

quiltingcandy 01-10-2017 10:43 PM

Beachbaby12 my first GFG took we 10 years from start to finish and those were 2in. hexies. I didn't paper piece it I just cut the hexies out and sewed them using a 1/4 inch ruler (it is a ruler that is 6 inches long and a 1/4 inch squared). My quilt was suppose to be for a Queen bed, but it is big enough for a King. I am now working on a 1 in. hexies using the EPP method. I have no idea what I am really going to do with all of the flowers yet. Right now I am just making them. I have made a bunch with batik fabric and a bunch with regular quilt fabric that I have - not sure if I like them mixed together. (Still have a a bunch of flowers from my first quilt I didn't need and there is enough for a throw. And I can't decide on a background fabric.) Every so often I think about getting rid of them, but just can't quite let them go, even though it has been 17 years since I finished the first quilt. They are so nice because you can take them anywhere.