Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Lost Quilts, Please pass the news. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/lost-quilts-please-pass-news-t248930.html)

jeank 06-23-2014 08:17 AM

Lost Quilts, Please pass the news.

A man in Colorado is looking for his Mom's lost quilts.

Here is his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/david.mcintosh.986

For those without FB:

A VERY SAD DAY.

I drove home to the farm this weekend to get furniture and stuff of mom's that she needs to move into an assisted living apartment next week. She's excited about it. And we were going to star setting it up today when I got back. I left the farm early and make good time not stopping until ii got to the state line.
Somehow a blue tub that was strapped on came loose and blew out.
It contained the quilts she had made for grand kids weddings and 1st babies.
I turned around and drove back to hays and met my sister in law who traced my route from the farm. No luck.
So please pass this along to your friends. If anyone was on I 70 on sunday June and 22nd and picked up some quilts from the highway please contact me.

Follow up: someone contacted him that they spotted a blue case and did not stop.

Through Facebook, a very wonderful woman, who is a stranger to me, saw the post and replied. She and her husband were leaving Russell, KS yesterday afternoon, and noticed the tub, STILL INTACT and duct taped shut, at the bottom of the I 70 roadside on the north side of the westbound lane, about a mile or two West of Russell. The husband thought it might have been nearer the next exit west of Russell. We had driven past that area looking but it is easy to miss something when you are driving with no one riding shotgun.
Is there anyone near or in Russell that would be willing to go and look along that area to see if they can find the quilts? I am willing to pay for your time and gas to do so.

tessagin 06-23-2014 08:22 AM

Will post to Facebook. Have few friends who travel along I-70 often. Hopefully, found soon.

ManiacQuilter2 06-23-2014 08:32 AM

Very Sad. My best friend mailed a baby quilt she was sending to a niece in a priority envelope. The only thing that arrived was the printed postal label. Quilt and priority envelope was never found.

I had a top rack on my Subaru wagon but I never trusted tying anything up there.

jeank 06-23-2014 10:22 AM

Hello again Friends.
I just spoke with the Russell Sherriff's office. The Under-Sherriff went out to look for the tub. He could not locate it west of Russell. So apparently someone else has found it or picked It up, or it is difficult to see.
It was labeled with masking tape, one saying Amanda's baby quilt, and another with Luke's baby quilt and wedding quilt. There were some other baby quilts that hadn't been designated yet as to which grandchild they were going to.
I'm going to continue to keep this out there in the hope that someone that may have found it will see this and contact us. For all of the rest of you, thank you so much for passing this on and trying to return the quilts to my mom. Still haven't told her yet, with the hope that they might be found, but that conversation is coming up tonight.
Take care.
David McIntosh

joy 06-23-2014 10:47 AM

maybe put photos on here... someone might recognise them at the house of the person who has them....

Dina 06-23-2014 07:09 PM

Oh, I hope they get found and returned. My grandparents lived in Russell, and there were some very nice people there at that time. Sure wish I still knew someone who lived there who could help....

Dina

oldtnquiltinglady 06-24-2014 08:15 AM

Oh my goodness, you have my heartfelt sympathy here. I hope with all my heart that we read this posting tomorrow and see that you have gotten your quilts back.

Onebyone 06-24-2014 10:26 AM

I would be checking the flea markets and pawn shops in the area. If a reward is offered the quilts will probably be returned. I can't imagine not putting the quilts inside the vehicle though. I hope they get returned.

caspharm 06-24-2014 03:27 PM

Good luck in finding the quilts!

omacookie 06-24-2014 03:33 PM

Prayers are coming your way. From so far South that's all I can do .....Hugs too.