Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Oliso Iron. Smart Iron on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/oliso-iron-smart-iron-sale-t278078.html)

butters 04-25-2016 02:40 PM

Oliso Iron. Smart Iron on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been wanting one of these forever. With code only $135.00!!!!!!!! Free shipping and handling. Use code 20FORMOM www.oliso.com/smartiron

K-Roll 04-25-2016 11:16 PM

Those are so nice! But I just bought a new iron last month... :(
And the dial is accessible/readable, unlike the one I bought. Sigh.

jmoore 04-26-2016 02:34 AM

looks like an awesome iron but I just purchased a Rowenta last summer... I wish I would have read the QB reviews before I made the purchase but it is still working wonderfully... for however long?

coffeegirl 04-26-2016 04:42 AM

My husband splurged on one of these for Christmas for me. It lasted only 1 1/2 years. One day is just stopped getting hot...not good if you're an iron. It was an expensive iron for such a short life. I'm back to using a plain iron from the 60's, it's still going strong (and hot!).

ManiacQuilter2 04-26-2016 04:44 AM

Sometimes when they start loading these irons with all these gadgets, something is bound to stop working.

fivepaws 04-26-2016 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by coffeegirl (Post 7533555)
My husband splurged on one of these for Christmas for me. It lasted only 1 1/2 years. One day is just stopped getting hot...not good if you're an iron. It was an expensive iron for such a short life. I'm back to using a plain iron from the 60's, it's still going strong (and hot!).

I had the same problem with my very expensive Olison. Would not recommend it. I went back to a Black and Decker.

mrs. fitz 04-26-2016 07:14 AM

I bought a refurbished Oliso for somewhere around $60 about three years ago. It was in a legitimate store that had a good return policy. I don't want to jinx it but my iron and I are still happy together.

Jo Anne B. 04-26-2016 07:39 AM

I dug out DH's old Black and Decker. Love it for the quilting/ironing.

Digitabulist 04-26-2016 11:49 AM

Oils Iron

Originally Posted by butters (Post 7533115)
Have been wanting one of these forever. With code only $135.00!!!!!!!! Free shipping and handling. Use code 20FORMOM www.oliso.com/smartiron

I must say I had a terrible experience with them just recently. Bought this iron directly from the Oliso web site. I was so pleased when it arrived. However, the fabric kept getting distorted/wrinkled, which was very very frustration pressing half square triangle blocks open.

I contacted them and was told to take certain steps to fix it, try again and let them know. I did as they asked, with no difference in results. I contacted them again and they said the iron needed to be returned for service. I did not like the idea that a brand new iron that had not even been used three times needed servicing. I felt that did not bode well for the product. I asked them to pay for return shipping for servicing since I had already paid $135 for a brand new iron that I did not expect to service within the first week of usage. They refused. I returned the iron for a full refund but had to pay $25 to ship it back. Left a bad taste for this product.

You may not have the same experience - just something to keep in mind.

ctrysass2012 04-26-2016 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by coffeegirl (Post 7533555)

The 1 I got didn't last a yr. It still got hot but the feet started going in & out while I was ironing. So I did the same, back to the old 1.