Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Over Door Organizer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/over-door-organizer-t81230.html)

maine ladybug 12-07-2010 11:37 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't work for holding supplies.

Vanuatu Jill 12-07-2010 11:41 AM

Before you commit, read the review #1 on the site-that person found it really poor quality. The design looks great and would be a real space-saving organizer - just be weary of quality according to that reviewer.

quiltsRfun 12-07-2010 11:44 AM

It looks like a good idea but did you read some of the reviews? There were complaints about poor workmanship and quality.

OOPS! Posted at the same time as Vanuatu Jill.

Aunt Doggie 12-07-2010 12:05 PM

I like the 2 for $19 roll-up ones that are advertized on same page of this link better...
More small pockets and cheaper!

I use a shoe organizer for all my husband's baseball caps on the coat closet door and use a shoe organizer for sewing odds and ends also...

they are always on sale someplace!!!

Central Ohio Quilter 12-07-2010 12:05 PM

I have two similar to that in my sewing room, hanging on each side of the door to the closet.

But mine were $1.00 garage sale finds and were made to hold shoes. They work great!

I think that you could make one fairly easily that would be better quality and much cheaper.

gollytwo 12-07-2010 12:10 PM

I've been using a canvas one like that for years. Much cheaper than the one you referenced.
Try Bed Bath and Beyond store or Walmarts or one of the at-home type catalogues.
I had a see-through plastic one, it dried out and started to crack plus it showed the accumulated dirt in addition to the quilt tools.

CarrieAnne 12-07-2010 01:55 PM

Absolutely!

JUNEC 12-07-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I got some from the dollar store and it works great.. a clear see thru Christmas one- put stabilizers and such where the wrapping paper goes and a clear shoe one so i can see whats in each pocket..

yes, i really like the clear pockets. would love to have one but this room doesn't have any usable doors. i have been thinking of hanging one on the wall.

I really think that is going to be my problem as well.

watterstide 12-08-2010 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I got some from the dollar store and it works great.. a clear see thru Christmas one- put stabilizers and such where the wrapping paper goes and a clear shoe one so i can see whats in each pocket..

that is where i got mine..clear pockets.
i even have one in my garden shed on the inside door, for my garden "notions"!

meme peggy 12-08-2010 05:04 AM

This does work, I purchased a shoe organizer from Target for apx $15.00, very handy for small objects...still haven't labeled the pockets, but will...thought you might be interested since the price is better at a Walmart or Target...this one is by a designer that is taupe with white trim...very decorater friendly...memepeggy