Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   pre wound bobbins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/pre-wound-bobbins-t290018.html)

lynnie 07-29-2017 01:38 PM

pre wound bobbins

I was at Joanns today trying to find something to use my coupon on.
they now have colored pre wound bobbins.
a dozen different colors. each on it's own bobbin
2 colorways, pastels or darks/neutrals $3.99/12
on a 50%, for 1.99, I figured i'd give it a whirl and see how they are.
You know, sometimes you're in a pinch.

suern3 07-29-2017 01:41 PM

Please let us know what you think of them.

QuiltnNan 07-29-2017 01:44 PM

thanks for the heads up

cashs_mom 07-29-2017 04:44 PM

Let us know how they work for you. I've never used prewound bobbins

Snooze2978 07-30-2017 04:18 AM

Who are they made by as our local fabric store can no longer get the pre-wounds that work in my Babylock and Viking. They're the taller bobbins so not "L" but I think they're called "15" size.

daisydebby 07-30-2017 08:24 AM

I know people use them. My problem is that I have more than one machine and, unfortunately, each have a different type of bobbin. Is it written on the package to what machines these bobbins go to?

Onebyone 07-30-2017 08:55 AM

If they have the cardboard backings, I take the backings off before using in the bobbin. No casing means they can be used in most of the machines I have. I use the plastic bobbin ones as spools of thread when I need certain colors and know I won't use a whole spool of that color.

dellareya 07-30-2017 04:36 PM

I have been using pre wound bobbins for the last few years. I find them convenient and the best solution for me. I hate winding bobbins. These bobbins are the perfect. I normally use black or white. I often get them off Amazon. I have prime so I normally never pay for shipping. It works for me. I have learned NOT to use embroidery bobbins for regular sewing. Embroidery bobbins are wound much tighter with thinner threads. They are made for embroidery machines.

KathyJ 07-31-2017 06:24 AM

I use prewounds all the time. I have a Janome 10001 that is also an embroidery machine, a Janome 3160QDC & an APQS George sit-down quilting machine. Use the PWs in all 3 machines. I get them from Superior Threads loaded w/Bottom Line thread. Use them for all piecing & as bobbin thread for the embroidery machine. Don't like to use anything else & have never had problems with them. Highly recommend them for their consistency, thread load & variety of colors. Onely one negative - I have to order them on-line but get them when on sale direct from Superior.
Excellent customer service. Kathy

caspharm 07-31-2017 10:43 AM

Are they Dritz or Coats n Clark? Those are the ones I found on the JoAnns website. I like the new Superior pre-wounds on the plastic bobbins better. I wasn't crazy about the cardboard ones.