Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Professional tote pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/professional-tote-pattern-t254527.html)

Ellietow 09-30-2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jumpin' judy (Post 6910023)
Where are you ladies finding "soft and stable"? I recently bought a kit that included it and I love it. So far I haven't found a source for it in the Dallas area. (of course, I haven't visited every shop in Dallas because there are so many, but I couldn't find it a Joann's--my go to place for interfacing).

There are good prices on amazon. Also, ByAnnie will be at the quilt festival in Houston at the end of October, so that may be a good source. It's hard to find locally.

dakotamaid 09-30-2014 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple (Post 6909097)
I've made several and the last one I used Soft and Stable instead of the interfacing and batting called for in the pattern. I like that the bag is much lighter in weight and also stands up better than with the called for interfacings.

I just ordered the mini prof tote, will use your idea for the Soft and stable. :) Have made several of the larger ones and everyone loves them!

pattypurple 09-30-2014 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 6910254)
I just ordered the mini prof tote, will use your idea for the Soft and stable. :) Have made several of the larger ones and everyone loves them!

I was a little disappointed in the mini size. It said the iPad would fit, but that is without the cover. Otherwise it is a nice pattern

pattypurple 09-30-2014 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by jumpin' judy (Post 6910023)
Where are you ladies finding "soft and stable"? I recently bought a kit that included it and I love it. So far I haven't found a source for it in the Dallas area. (of course, I haven't visited every shop in Dallas because there are so many, but I couldn't find it a Joann's--my go to place for interfacing).

Some LQS will carry it and byannie.com sells it. I also seem to remember seeing it on overstock.com

LilaKay 10-01-2014 03:00 AM

I use soft and stable in a lot of my bags...so far I have found the best deal on Amazon and with a Prime membership the shipping is free. I belong to a bag making blog and some of the members have used "headliner" that you can buy by the yard at Hancocks...I don't know if Joann's has it

Travelin2some 10-01-2014 06:15 AM

I have this pattern. Looking forward ( with fear) to making it since it looks complicated. Have it all cut out & now waiting for time & right "frame of mind" to tackle it. Sure wish someone who has made this could do a tute or video of "birthing" this tote :)

pattypurple 10-01-2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by LilaKay (Post 6910793)
I use soft and stable in a lot of my bags...so far I have found the best deal on Amazon and with a Prime membership the shipping is free. I belong to a bag making blog and some of the members have used "headliner" that you can buy by the yard at Hancocks...I don't know if Joann's has it

The headliner isn't as firm as the S&S. It doesn't have the fabric covering the foam and some have had problems with it throwing off their tension.

meanmom 10-01-2014 03:29 PM

I love my professional totes. I have made at least 10 of them. NOt too hard. I have found that it is best to label your parts as you cut them. Good luck. The hardest part is about the last step where you put the top zipper on. Not hard just I usually have to read and reread the directions. Good Luck. I cant wait to see yours.