Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Qsnap floor frame? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/qsnap-floor-frame-t311879.html)

shelleysews 07-22-2020 12:07 PM

Qsnap floor frame?

What do you all think about the q-snap floor frame for hand quilting? I have quite a bit of hand quilting to do and I’ve had good luck with q-snap for Cross-stitch. But is is comfortable to quilt on this frame? (I see quite a few of them on eBay, so does that mean I should keep looking?)

Tartan 07-22-2020 03:41 PM

I like my Qsnap floor frame for hand quilting baby to single bed quilts. I have not done a bigger quilt on it as it would take a while moving it around. I also like to use it to tie baby or lap quilts on and to thread baste baby quilts for machine quilting. I bought mine ages ago with a 50% coupon .

Mkotch 07-23-2020 02:10 AM

I had one a long time ago (before I started machine quilting) but found it very difficult to get the quilt tight enough in the center for good quilting. I went back to using a large hoop that I could move around the house. If you think you're going to leave your quilt up and work at it in the same place all the time, it's OK. I tried to give it away a few years ago but ended up recycling it because no one in my guild was interested.

bearisgray 07-23-2020 02:44 AM

If you have little kids, its is great to use as a "tent frame".

I used one when I was hand quilting. It actually worked better as a support than a "hoopT.

juliasb 07-23-2020 07:56 AM

I love my Qsnap. I have made up to a king size DWR on it. It held the weight of the quilt well my only problem with the floor model was my back after sitting for hours. I learned to pace myself.

Onebyone 07-23-2020 08:02 AM

I have one I use to use to pin baste my quilts for machine quilting. Be sure and get the tilt package if you are hand quilting. It's a pain to assemble every time you need it if you have to take it apart. The parts are not coded, just have to figure it out. I was taught to have the quilt floppy in a frame to handquilt it so getting it very tight was not my goal. I got it tight when basting so it can be done.

SusieQOH 07-25-2020 08:04 AM

I didn't like mine at all so I got rid of it. I like to hand quilt with a hoop in my lap. Everyone has their own way.

nannie 07-25-2020 08:51 AM

I have one. It is great frame. used for small and queen size quilts. If possible leave up all the time.
but not hard to assemble.

JSKY 07-25-2020 10:13 AM

I love mine. Easy to assemble and easy to use. I make the two front legs shorter so that I have a tilted frame. It is light and does not take up much room . Again, I love mine !

thimblebug6000 07-25-2020 04:23 PM

We all have our own experiences for sure, I gave mine away after a couple quilts. I did not have the tilt package and ended up stacking big telephone books under the one side so the frame tilted towards me. I am tall and have long arms, but I still found it very tiring reaching into the middle of the frame, so found I had to readjust the quilt quite often. My back ached from reaching and leaning, I still use qsnap, but the lap ones.