Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Quilting Fabric Clubs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/quilting-fabric-clubs-t312606.html)

tropit 09-26-2020 04:27 AM

Quilting Fabric Clubs

Does anyone belong to a quilting fabric club? A QFC is a subscription service that sends you fabric once a month and also might have patterns, kits etc. that come with your subscription. If you have joined one, let us know how it is working out for you. Thanks.

Iceblossom 09-26-2020 05:17 AM

It's hard to remember before pre-cuts, but I do remember when Fat Quarters were new and there were many clubs available.

I've never had any problems buying fabric on my own, but I have known people who have gotten subscription fabrics. It seems to work best for people who are collecting very specific types of fabric, so batik, or 30s, or civil war, or "Asian" or civil war or what have you.

If I had more funds at my disposal, I might very well sign up for something like bi-monthly or quarterly just to get surprise packages in the mail (I would forget that I signed up by the time they arrived). The best days are when fabric arrives! (we used to call the packages "squishies" back in my pre-Y2K swapping days...)

tallchick 09-26-2020 05:20 AM

Fat Quarter Shop has several, I subscribed to their Charm Pack club, their Fat Quarter Club in Solids, Batiks & Designer Select these were just monthly shipments of fabric. They have quarterly fat quarter clubs for Kaffe Fasset and Art Gallery fabrics that ship every quarter, these have more fat quarters and include a pattern. I also subscribed to their monthly Box, and while those did include some nice items, most were not things I used and I cancelled after about 8 months.
I was very happy with all of my subscriptions with them and now I am just doing the Batiks & Kaffe Fasset. If you are looking to build a stash and enjoy scrappy quilts I find these clubs wonderful for building a wonderful collection.

juliasb 09-26-2020 07:39 AM

Gosh I forgot that they were still around. Goes to show how much attention I pay to some things. I belonged to one about 30 years ago for a couple years where I got FQ's and could order more if I chose or coordination matching fabrics if I chose. I still have some of those FQ's. I quickly went to yardage and found the FQ's to restricting and costing more on the average than buying by the yard. They serve a purpose for many. Just proved not to my taste.

NZquilter 10-07-2020 10:38 AM

I have never ordered from here, but Grandma's Attic in OR looks like they do Fat Quarter Clubs for a reasonable price. https://store.grandmasatticquilting....ent_ids=0,8000 . I would actually like to try them out. I love the idea of fabric arriving once a month!

ladyinpurple135 10-07-2020 07:16 PM

I belong to a fat quarter club (monthly) from Piecing the Past. I’ve been collecting reproduction fabrics for several years and that’s what I get with this club. Each month is a specific color with the fabrics in that color range, I’ve been very very happy with everything I’ve received from them,

I’ve been contemplating a fat quarter club of Kaffe Fassett fabrics (way out of my personal color box) from the Fat Quarter Shop. I’ve been a customer if there for a few years and have always been pleased. And this c,I’ve would help me break out if my box with some totally different fabrics, especially since visiting quilt shops isn’t working for me right now,

Sandy in Mooresville, NC

SusieQOH 11-18-2020 12:18 PM

I used to get Sew Sampler but after awhile I got really bored with it.
I now get Creative Notions and I love that one!

Blueridgebeverly 11-28-2020 04:16 AM

A couple of years ago I did a monthly Quilty Box. I thought it a fun way to discover designers new to me. I also liked the notions or rulers included. It came with a nicely done project book. I cancelled it because I wasn’t keeping up with the projects. I have thought about starting up something again. SusieQOH, I’ll have to check out Creative Notions.

SusieQOH 12-05-2020 06:43 AM

Creative Notions puts a TON of attention to detail in their subscription boxes. Vicki Stitham is the owner and she is a doll. Everything is high quality and researched to death before going in the bag, . You get a real bang for your buck.

To get an idea of any subscription box you can go to Youtube and many people do a reveal each month.