Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   quilting stencils (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/quilting-stencils-t17802.html)

sewjoyce 03-25-2009 08:06 AM

Wow -- those are really nice!!! How long did it take you to get them???

Ninnie 03-25-2009 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered last Wed evening and they came yesterday! top picture is all wrong. The blue didn't come out right. I'll try again

pittsburgpam 03-25-2009 09:24 AM

Thank you for posting the pics! I can't wait to get the ones I ordered and the prices were so good that I wasn't sure what they were going to look like.

I ordered the flower border like the one you have quilted with the two ribbons going through it. I also ordered the large corner motif with the flowers and ribbons and the love birds with the ribbon AND the double ribbon. I think I will use them all in my Giant Dahlia.

CathyOh 03-25-2009 11:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a question about using quilting stencils. I have never been serious about hand quilting, but have bought stencils thinking that one day I would take a stab at it.

How do I start with marking my piece? I have the chalk pouncers and promptly threw them away - can't stand them.

Do we put the stencil where we want it and draw the marks on with a special pen?

Please let me know what you all do because I'm at a total loss as to what to do. Thanks! Cathy Oh!

sunnyhope 03-25-2009 11:43 AM

i think it looks to difficult, i need something easyyyyyyyyyy

couldnt some one do a step by step, even showing me how to mark with stencil and the sewing, the stitches and such.

i need all the help i can get :oops:

Ninnie 03-25-2009 12:09 PM

Hi girls! In the top picture, on the black material I have marked a small stencil. It is marked with a fons and porter mechanical quilting pencil. I used the white lead on the black so you could see it. That is a 4' stencil on the black. The pencil also comes with dark lead for light fabric. In the bottom blue picture you can see what a stencil marking looks like after quilting. The small stencil marked on the black is laying on the table in the picture of stencils. I don't know if that helps or not.

CathyOh 03-25-2009 12:37 PM

LOL - I discovered that I have the Fons & Porter mechanical pencils already. I was using them for marking but didn't put 2n2 totether. I will try that! Thanks! Cathy Oh!

Ninnie 03-25-2009 01:05 PM

hay, Cathy I had to look for 20 min this morning to do the sample! Don't you just love it when the light bulb comes on! I finally remembered which drawer mine was in. Now go and m ark a stencil! Yea! :D :D :D

Ninnie 03-27-2009 05:47 AM

Hi girls, this is the last stencil it came yesterday. It is a white on white stencil but I probably will use a color thread to quilt it. It's name is geranium I'll try to post picture now.

sewjoyce 03-27-2009 05:50 AM

Darn -- my computer won't let me download the picture....