Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Should I subscribe to National Quilters Circle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/should-i-subscribe-national-quilters-circle-t274923.html)

quilt9226 01-25-2016 04:51 PM

I would not spend the money. I did not find many of the videos to be informative. I will not renew. Like others have said, there is much on the internet for free.

sulyle 01-25-2016 05:05 PM

Some of the videos are better than others. I paid $8 last year, cancelled before the automatic renewal, and got this year for $6. I think it's worth anything under $10. Just remember to cancel before the renewal because I definitely don't think it's worth $40.

MarleneC 01-26-2016 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by GailBee (Post 7444177)
I took a 1 year. Got some good information. Just hope I remember to cancel before automatic renewal at full price

I had subscribed to them in the past but when I saw the auto renewal I chose not to subscribe this time.

Carol34446 01-26-2016 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by sassysews2 (Post 7444945)
I subscribed for the <$8 price. Wanted QNTV but it was too high for my budget, i watch Youtube but an awful lot of their videos are really old, several years old, most of them, and a lot have an accent that I find hard to understand and follow direction. I have not found any Eleanor Burns videos that are free. So for <$8, I'll take a chance.

Go to her web site, I have watched a number of EB along with Jenny and crafty Gemini.

connietoo 02-02-2016 08:51 AM

I called to cancel before automatic renewal and they offered me the lower price

ginnie6 03-21-2016 04:04 AM

I know this thread is several months old but wanted to add this. I joined them in November for the $6 price. Never again! I just found out the company that handles them had their data base breached. ALL my info was compromised. In February of this year I had my bank account hacked. I thought I had come across a gas card skimmer or something. This explains it. Now to take the letter the company that bank. What a mess this is and all for a stinking $6 subscription!

Geri B 03-21-2016 04:13 AM

Oh my, that's really scary.......how to avoid something like that from happening?

amyjo 03-29-2016 05:58 PM

I subscribed at the $6 price, but I keep getting these emails about upgrading my premium membership. If I only knew then what I know now, I would not have done it. Have not had time to look at any of their videos yet. I was hacked thru the Fed govt. So far no troubles but I sure keep an eye out on my stuff.:mad:

Dee Dee 01-04-2018 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by lorimax5859 (Post 7444148)
National Quilters Circle is offering one year of access to their videos for $8. Has anyone viewed their videos and would this be worthwhile for a fairly new quilter who wants to increase her quilting?

I cannot recommend them. I took the trial first year Premium subscription for $8.00. Tried to find good videos, but did not. So never used it after the initial month and forgot I had it. They were supposed to notify me when it was time for renewal and the new price so I could choose whether to renew. I never received the notice, and later found out they went into my credit card account and charged $39.99 without my permission!

Dee Dee 01-04-2018 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee (Post 7976724)
I cannot recommend them. I took the trial first year Premium subscription for $8.00. Tried to find good videos, but did not. So never used it after the initial month and forgot I had it. They were supposed to notify me when it was time for renewal and the new price so I could choose whether to renew. I never received the notice, and later found out they went into my credit card account and charged $39.99 without my permission!

Ooops, I just checked and I was wrong. They actually took $44.99 from my credit card!!!