Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Video - the sit down Sweet Sixteen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/video-sit-down-sweet-sixteen-t123185.html)

carolaug 05-15-2011 05:17 AM

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/Ha...et-Sixteen.php

I want one...this one is $4,800 - comes with the table...it is nice and small...I could use this and store.

carolaug 05-15-2011 05:32 AM

I showed my husband...he stated its just like the machine I have. He is right....you still have to move the fabric. I would like one that the machine moves not the fabric.

lots2do 05-15-2011 06:57 AM

Carol-
This is what I thought I wanted all last summer. Had myself all talked into, too. Decided to wait. Then I started reading all of the reviews about the Horizon. So I've basically talked myself into one of those now! I think I'll try one at the dealer's just to satisfy my curiousity and wait again...
We are downsizing in about four years, if our plans work out. I won't have my own dedicated space anymore but will be set up in the guest room. The Horizon might be better for that.
:)

virtualbernie 05-15-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I showed my husband...he stated its just like the machine I have. He is right....you still have to move the fabric. I would like one that the machine moves not the fabric.

For me, the draw is the space and the cost. Don't the machines that move cost a lot more than this one? I'm so poor these days, I'll have to save to get one like this one--I don't mind moving my fabric. :lol: :lol:

CarrieAnne 05-15-2011 07:14 AM

Its a nice machine though!

carolaug 05-15-2011 09:57 AM

I have the Horizon...I have a love hate relationship with it...Its going back into the shop Monday.

Originally Posted by lots2do
Carol-
This is what I thought I wanted all last summer. Had myself all talked into, too. Decided to wait. Then I started reading all of the reviews about the Horizon. So I've basically talked myself into one of those now! I think I'll try one at the dealer's just to satisfy my curiousity and wait again...
We are downsizing in about four years, if our plans work out. I won't have my own dedicated space anymore but will be set up in the guest room. The Horizon might be better for that.

lots2do 05-15-2011 03:09 PM

What are your loves and what are your hates, if you don't mind sharing...

carolaug 05-16-2011 02:43 AM

I love the throat space and also when its running good...its great! I have had it since Christmas...and have had to have the bobbin case replaced the thread was just wrapping around the bobbin case. The fabric gets stuck in the plate I am bring it back in today since the batting got stuck inside the plate. the plate hole piece broke off a few days ago when using the design mode. Tension...sometimes its great other times a night mare. But when it does work...I love it. Sometimes I can FRQ and no issues at all...other times I am ripping out what I did...The good news is that it does not cost me anything except time when I bring her to the dealers.

Originally Posted by carolaug
I have the Horizon...I have a love hate relationship with it...Its going back into the shop Monday.

Originally Posted by lots2do
Carol-

maggiek 05-16-2011 05:16 AM

I have the Sweet 16 - got it at Christmas. I love it. It fits in the space I have available and I can sit to quilt. Yes, you have to move the fabric instead of the machine and the lack of a stitch regulator is a drawback. But with practice and discipline, it works great. I've had a few problems with tension but they were because I didn't seat the thread in the tension disks right. I tried a couple of frames for the domestic machine so I could move the machine instead and I didn't find that the throat space was adequate to do much except along the edges. Once you get the quilt rolled up to the middle, most of the throat is taken up by the roll.

DonnaC 05-16-2011 08:25 AM

Oh yes... the Sweet Sixteen is my dream machine also...I actually was able to try it out at MQX last year. Someday maybe I can find the space and money for one!! (I certainly do not have room for a longarm - small condo here!)