Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Walmart today had embroidery machine at unbelievable price (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/walmart-today-had-embroidery-machine-unbelievable-price-t259458.html)

SingerSewer 01-09-2015 04:40 PM

Walmart today had embroidery machine at unbelievable price

Today I went to the nearby Walmart and ventured back to the fabric area. There was a display with 2 Brother Embroidery only machines and a sign saying CLEARANCE. They were reduced from $299 to $150. They only did a 4 x 4 inch design but the price was unbelievable. After I got home I checked the Walmart website and they weren't reduced there. If you are interested in one you might stop by Walmart and see if your store is running the same clearance.

deedum 01-10-2015 05:23 AM

not bad but a 4x4 design won't take you far. the price is right for starting out

ykreeves 01-10-2015 05:43 AM

WOW...that's a great buy. All embroidery designs start with the small size and have moved to larger sizes. There are more designs in the 4X4 size than any other size. Enjoy your machine!

ro 01-10-2015 08:00 AM

i dont know about your neck of the woods but some walmarts here on long island are closing.

RedGarnet222 01-10-2015 10:23 AM

I have heard these are a great machine to start out with. That is a terrific price on it. You will have to let us know how you like it.

Bullock2us 01-10-2015 10:38 AM

I picked one of these up the other day at my Wal-Mart. Not a huge fan of Wal-Mart products but being a beginner I figured for the price of $150.00 it couldn't be beat, since some places are selling them for over $500.00. It gets mixed reviews-some people love it-some don't. There are a lot of great 4x4 that you can download from the Brother website-including the Ninja Turtles-my sons faves! Have not taken it out of the box yet as I have been ill but hope to get to try it out soon!

crafty pat 01-10-2015 11:24 AM

I have one and have had it for over a year and love it. I don't do much embroidery so it is just what I need.

SingerSewer 01-10-2015 02:14 PM

I already have an embroidery machine so I didn't need another. I could not believe the price. It may only do a 4" x 4" design but it is great way to see if you would want to spend more for a machine with more features and larger designs.

sharin'Sharon 01-10-2015 10:40 PM

My Scandinavia 300 embroidery machine only has a 4"x4" (100mm x 100mm) and a Plus Hoop (100mm x 170mm) but I have done MANY embroideries on the small hoops in the past ten years. My avatar shows an embroidery on toilet tissue. Sure, it would be nice to have a larger hoop but you can find yourself satisfied with creating many items with the 4x4 hoop. I make my quilt labels also.

deedum 01-11-2015 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sharon, what does your toilet tissue roll avartar say? I can't read it. I made a few myself at Christmas time. Here is one of mine I did. Yes, for the price at Walmart of the embroidery machine, a person could do a lot. It is like anything, all comes down to what a person wants to pay. I may check it out to have a second machine.