Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Watching the 6-hour quilt marathon? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/watching-6-hour-quilt-marathon-t275916.html)

Tartan 02-20-2016 10:55 AM

I saw Fons & Porter, It's sew easy and Sewing with Nancy. Missed the rest but I will see if it reruns tonight.

greencat 02-20-2016 11:24 AM

Looks like it runs again tomorrow (I think noon).
Thanks for mentioning this!

Onebyone 02-20-2016 04:14 PM

Create TV is a by channel of PBS, not PBS channel. Most tvs need the digital HD antenna to pick it up.

nativetexan 02-20-2016 05:07 PM

their six hour started at 4 pm my time. till 10 tonight.

jmoore 02-21-2016 03:55 AM

bummer... I'm not sure I get those channels. I'll have to steal the remote control from my husband and check it out.

MattieMae 02-21-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nechama117 (Post 7471232)
What a surprise to find it this morning, I enjoyed it. Loved the stars by Fons and Porter.

That was my favorite portion of the marathon; too bad it's at the end. Liz Porter is such a treasure. I smiled at Mary Fons' comment about wanting to absorb all the advice she could from Liz. Marianne Fons and Liz Porter had such a great show. I enjoy watching Mary on the new show. She's a natural and seems like someone I'd like as a friend or neighbor.

I still prefer traditional to contemporary quilts. I think I'm going to buy that Hero's Tribute pattern by Liz... love those eight-point stars!

Shorebird 02-21-2016 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MattieMae (Post 7471171)
Anybody else watching the 6-hour quilt marathon today on CreateTV? The Wisconsin Quilt Expo in Madison, Fons and Porter, Nancy Zieman and more... wow! I missed the first couple of hours so will catch up when they rerun tonight.

My PBS station no longer carries the CREATE Network broadcasts! BUGGER!!.....I really enjoyed the shows on that channel........

donnajean 02-21-2016 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 7471979)
bummer... I'm not sure I get those channels. I'll have to steal the remote control from my husband and check it out.

I could not find it using the remote. I went on Comcast's website, put in my address and got an alphabetical listing of channels for my area. It is Channel 266 for me. I did not even know I could get channels that high as I only pay for Basic Cable, but, I am watching it now.

MargeD 02-21-2016 10:28 AM

I have watched a couple, but did record them. They are running the 6-hour quilt marathon again today, so I'm recording it again as a couple of the shows did not turn out well, as we get interference on that channel. The best of show quilt, with the unbelievable needle turn applique and quilting, I especially loved the unicorn in the front with a castle in the background, what a gorgeous quilt.

QuiltnLady1 02-21-2016 01:10 PM

I keep forgetting to check that channel -- we have so many channels and I don't watch most of them and it is buried in the don't watch section.