Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   On youtube (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/youtube-t283820.html)

Geri B 11-16-2016 12:48 PM

On youtube

Just watched a tute on YouTube, quite by accident, sewveryeasy. She was doing a gfg using sticky paper template?and sewing by machine. Granted these hexies were maybe 2" sides, but the sticky paper ( like printed contact) was interesting to watch. Apparently she has a website where one can subscribe for weekly tips, etc. I couldn't find it though, I'll keep looking, she seems informative. Just thought some might be interested.......

Cass62 11-16-2016 01:50 PM

You can subscribe on YouTube, where she posts weekly tips.

tessagin 11-16-2016 02:50 PM

Freezer paper may work with this. Paper is probably pretty pricey but worth may a one time trial.

Geri B 11-17-2016 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7700563)
Freezer paper may work with this. Paper is probably pretty pricey but worth may a one time trial.

ive done epp with freezer paper..works fine. I did find the sticky papers...6 sheets for $11.00, but s&h was almost $8.00! Did not order! I will go to office supply, maybe it will have full sheet self adhesive, and I'll draw the Hexie...just to see.....

Lady Diana 11-17-2016 11:02 AM

Office Depot has full sheet label paper that works great. Draw your design, then put label paper in copier....copy your drawing, print....or send the design via computer to your printer.

Ada Shiela 11-17-2016 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana (Post 7701182)
Office Depot has full sheet label paper that works great. Draw your design, then put label paper in copier....copy your drawing, print....or send the design via computer to your printer.

This reply made me think of Inklingo, just print them onto fabric

romanojg 11-17-2016 03:42 PM

try clicking on her icon with her picture. I love you tube, this week I found out how to fix my gas fireplace that went out last year. I've been without an oven for 2 years, I found out the part I needed, ordered it, I'm hoping it comes tomorrow and I have the instructions on how to repair it. I even have the oven taken apart so that I just plug in the new part when I gets here. I even bought an oven thermometer to make sure the heat is accurate. I'm going to be so happy to be able to bake again. Go you tube

Onebyone 11-17-2016 03:59 PM

I use the full page labels a lot for quilt patterns and designs. It is very useful for machine quilting. The paper sticks much better then painter's tape. I learned about this label paper from Charlotte Warr Andersen in her book One Line at a Time. Excellent book and comes with the 'inchie' measuring device developed by her.

Geri B 11-18-2016 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ada Shiela (Post 7701305)
This reply made me think of Inklingo, just print them onto fabric

I have tried inklingo.......just can't seem to "get it"

Onebyone 11-19-2016 06:27 AM

I have Inklingo and it is a hassle for me to get the program open it on the computer and find what I want. Wading through all dos and don'ts and security levels are silly to me and wastes my time.