Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Quilt shop recomm.  near Sellersville, PA >

Quilt shop recomm. near Sellersville, PA

Quilt shop recomm. near Sellersville, PA

Old 12-20-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Quilt shop recomm. near Sellersville, PA

I'm heading to Sellersville this evening thru tomorrow night. I googled shops there and a fair amount came up around the area. But in the interest of time, I am hoping some of you can actually refer me to good ones you've experienced. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:40 PM

Wow. Just looked up the town on mapquest. I go very near there several times a year and had no clue there were any quilt shops along the way. Will be waiting to hear what others have to say. Or, what your experiences end up being. Safe travels.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:20 PM

Depending on direction you are coming from -
I LOVE The Round Bobbin in Ambler.
There are some that have closed over the last year or so; you might want to either call ahead or check for a recent web posting.
Steve's Sew & Vac in King of Prussia is okay - as the name would lead you to believe, they focus on machine sales, but do have a decent selection of fabrics.
Pottstown Sewing is more embroidery focused, but have some fabrics.
Sew Smart in Doylestown didn't flip my skirt; Byrne Sewing (listed in New Britain, which kind of runs together with Doyelstown) was better.
Depending on direction you are coming from, there are two in Endless Mountains that I love. One is Shore Sisters (in Wysox) and the other is Endless Mountain Quilt shop in Tunkhannock. Those are 3-ish hours away...
Old 12-22-2014, 05:43 AM

On the way up, my hubby noticed Steve's Sew n Vac store on the left side of a very busy highway. It was 4:00 and closing time was 5:00 and he still wanted to get to Sam Ash music store before dinner. (We were famished.). As Sam Ash was on the right, we went there first. Got to Steve's at 4:30. I went in alone and made a beeline for the Janome 8200 which I wanted to test drive. Fell in love. The staff were accommodating until I said I wasn't from around there and wasn't sure what my husband had in mind for surprising me, so couldn't buy. Suddenly they became cold and apathetic.

The Round Bobbin was a lovely and busy little shop. Customers were standing at the door waiting for it to open on Sunday at noon.They have a lot of fabric but it doesn't look cluttered. I managed to restrain my "souvenir shopping" to $25. I would say it's worth stopping in if you're in the area.