Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Sampler Christmas quilt  blocks  of the month from Oxmoor house .1994 >

Sampler Christmas quilt blocks of the month from Oxmoor house .1994

Sampler Christmas quilt blocks of the month from Oxmoor house .1994

Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM

Default Sampler Christmas quilt blocks of the month from Oxmoor house .1994

I bought the book of complete patterns, templates ,other quilts,small projects etc ,etc ( about 3 inch binder full )at a thrift shop for 4.95 . now i need to start collecting christmas scraps and lots of plaids, anyone have any ideas where to start? this quilt was designed by Jeana Kimball, and has been on my bucket list since i first saw the picture of it in 1994. it is the best Christmas quilt I have ever seen, and I fell in love at first site and i would certainly appreciate any help or suggestions ..... piecefully yours cmaras

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-29-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 AM

For plaids, I usually shop for men's shirts at Goodwill. Can usually get almost of yard out of the larger ones for $3. My local Goodwill has a great assortment of plaids.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:28 AM

If you belong to a guild perhaps some of your members would be interested in doing a swap?? After that I guess I'd just keep my eyes open for fabrics at garage sales, good will, or in remanent bins.. It will probably take you a good long time to gather the fabrics if you need a lot of different prints and plaids.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Look in the after summer sales for the shirts, I picked some up for $.45 or $.65 cents .. all 100% cotton.. and there is a lot of material in a mans XXl shirt.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 AM

I think you can also post on a different part of the board for christmas scraps under Member Swaps or the In Search of sections
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 PM

I also have this notebook binder of this quilt (paid full price it was a block of the month for about 18 months?) wish I had found that deal, I have made a few of the blocks some day it might even get finished LOL.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=CMARAS1234;6261454]I bought the book of complete patterns, templates ,other quilts,small projects etc ,etc ( about 3 inch binder full )

Can you post pictures of the blocks?
I agree with another reply, see about doing a swap. I'm sure there are web sites that 'major' in homespun plaids, etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 AM

Here is a pic of the few blocks I have made so far. The pics didn't come out as good as I wanted as my batteries are almost dead and of course I don't have any more of the right size and I forgot to fix the date on the camera but at least you can see them (I hope) LuAnn
Attached Thumbnails dscf0046.jpg  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

I have this binder and most of the block patterns. I don't know why I didn't stay with the BOM program but apparently I didn't. I think I liked the binder more then the patterns back then. LOL. Then I saw individual block patterns online several years ago for free on a quilt blog. So I printed out the ones I didn't have. I noticed online the binder full is selling for $70 - 185. You got a great bargain!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 PM

I saw your post and would love to know where you found the block patterns on-line. I bought a binder at a book sale and just discovered I don't have anything beyond packet/block # 22. I certainly don't want to have to buy the whole binder again!