Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super Prices Clearance at this shop-- $2 a yard!

This quilt shop has no computer or online purchasing, but someone has put her clearance fabrics online so you can see them, and then call her to purchase what you want. I just got a box full of calicos and prints for $2 a yard! Some are 30's repros and some are civil war repros! She says when she sells out she won't have this kind of clearance prices for a while again. Calicos: $2 a yard, prints $2 and $4 a yard, and tons of batiks for $6 a yard! Look online and then call the number on the website to order. Very sweet lady...
    http://www.quiltingandfabricshop.com/

Thank you for sharing. She has some pretty fabrics.

thanks!

Wish it had an online shopping cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Me too, don't see how you can do business without one today

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGurl
    You use the phone. Talk to the lady! She is elderly and isn't up to learning how to use computers. With her giving her fabric away for $2 a yard, I hardly felt the compulsion to ask anything else of her.

She got the fabric cut and in the box to mail out SAME DAY as my order. Let's see online shopping carts pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    You use the phone. Talk to the lady! She is elderly and isn't up to learning how to use computers. With her giving her fabric away for $2 a yard, I hardly felt the compulsion to ask anything else of her.

She got the fabric cut and in the box to mail out SAME DAY as my order. Let's see online shopping carts pull that off.
    Sorry, didn't know she was elderly ... just used to seeing shopping carts /checkouts today. What does she charge for SH ? Methods of payment ? She just needs more info like that on her site. Her prices are definitely great ! Thanks & I will give her a call !

Sorry, didn't know she was elderly ... just used to seeing shopping carts /checkouts today. What does she charge for SH ? Methods of payment ? She just needs more info like that on her site. Her prices are definitely great ! Thanks & I will give her a call !
    She ships with priority flat rate packaging. I used a debit card, but she will probably take any way you want to pay her. Very nice lady. She doesn't see or run the website. Someone else put the fabrics online for her, to help her sell them.

I have had to order over the phone from lots of websites. Not all businesses can afford to invest in fancy websites with shopping carts. They just have to charge more, to cover it.

I will check this out!!! Thank you----------

I can't talk on the phone. You know some people are deaf and actually can't speak, right? It sure does make sense to have an equal playing field and a shopping cart for those of us who are unable to use the phone. Shopping carts don't mail packages, people do...

Blog Entries

I can't talk on the phone. You know some people are deaf and actually can't speak, right? It sure does make sense to have an equal playing field and a shopping cart for those of us who are unable to use the phone. Shopping carts don't mail packages, people do...

If you check out the website, she has a fax# also. I am the one helping her out with the website, although the webhost is developing the site. You can also order by email, I and will fill the order and let you know what is still availabe and method to pay with. Thanks for looking. Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by sak658

If you check out the website, she has a fax# also. I am the one helping her out with the website, although the webhost is developing the site. You can also order by email, I and will fill the order and let you know what is still availabe and method to pay with. Thanks for looking. Shirley
    Very nice of you, Shirley. Thanks!!

Thanks for sharing.

It took my sister in law over six years just to be able to take phone orders.... Nothing fancy... IN her shop. I did not see a phone number on this wed site, must be doing something wrong hmmmm thanks for the info.

lol silly me I found her number on the front page :) wnted to be sure a friend received it. Thanks

Thanks sewbizgirl-Lady was just so nice-
    Got 30 yards of fabric.She said she has been in business for a year and she is so glad so many of the QB members
    has called her and ordered.
    Thanks again----

Thank you for the site. I plan on ordering some.

How do you see what she has to offer? The only clickable link on the homepage is her e-mail addy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    How do you see what she has to offer? The only clickable link on the homepage is her e-mail addy.
    That's all I found too...is she sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappycat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    That's all I found too...is she sold out?
    Hmmm... maybe her sale stock got so low she took down the photos. If Shirley is still reading this thread, maybe she could tell us if the sale is over, and then I'll post "finished" on the subject line.

I know she plans to have sales again. If I hear of another one I will share the info. I got my fabric today and it's high quality. I am pleased!

Am I the only one that is skeptical of this? "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" I hope I am wrong and you all get wonderful fabric. Please let us know.

Shirley has just told me the website is temporarily down. Most of the $2 fabric is sold, but there is still $4.50 fabric and $6 batiks. I guess just check back later to try the website again. Sorry.

I emailed her yesterday to check on shipping. She told me that she's pretty sold out and that she needs to take off those that are out...so I guess she disabled her pages. I tried accessing the 4.50 page but I get Page could not be found message.

Leena

Quote Originally Posted by sustraley
    Am I the only one that is skeptical of this? "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" I hope I am wrong and you all get wonderful fabric. Please let us know.
    Got it today. Very high quality. I love it.

glad to hear the fabric is good. Don't tell my husband I was wrong again. :oops: LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast