Walmart fabric

Old 02-17-2015, 05:03 PM

Default Walmart fabric

I just purchased some flannel for a rag blanket from Walmart on line. I was just goofing off with my tablet the other day and discovered Walmart.com sells fabric by the yard. Full yards, but that's okay with me.

Simple enough idea, and maybe everyone else knows it, but it sort of surprised me to be able to do so.

Bought enough fabric and other items that shipping TO MY HOUSE, is free. ($50 or over)

Yipee!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 PM

I've bought plenty of fabric from my local Walmart over the years and have never had a problem with any of it. Several months ago i got a great batik on sale for $3 a yard !!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM

Walmart sells a dog print fat quarter. Not unusual, right?

This particular fat quarter has, among other breeds. a BASENJI!!! Do you know how rare that is?

I did a little research and cannot find this fabric sold by the yard anywhere, so
I buy whatever fat quarters of that print that they have whenever I'm there. About once a month
Last count, I have 90 fat quarters. I can get 4 basenjis from each fat quarter, and just donated a table runner to the breed rescue.

I don't complain about Walmart, they fill a niche.

Walmart used to have tables of $1 yd fabric, some of exceptional quality. They don't have those anymore, too bad
Old 02-18-2015, 03:35 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I have ordered from WalMart.com. Very satisfied.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 AM

Also, Walmart sells a line Waverly that is really nice quality and reasonably priced. Have bought several yards of this brand and am very pleased with the quality.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:17 AM

One of my local walmarts still have a fabric section, if it wasn't for the fabric section I may never go in a wally world. I remember and loved and bought many yards off the $1.00 tables!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 AM

I was in Wal mart after Christmas looking for fleece with penguins and found a 10 yard bolt marked $4.47 so I bought it and it rang up $2.50 a yard, yea, but not knowing how many kids would be in the class (my granddaughter's classes are small for she is special needs)I knew 10 yards would not be enough for I'm making each a throw. Last Friday night I was buying groceries and went into the fabric dept looking for something to make pillowcases for my guild, we are doing a project all year for a children hospital, and guess what I found. YES, another bolt of the same fleece, penguins. I asked the clerk to check the price, she said it's $4.47. She scanned it, oh no she said, it $2.50, I'll take all 10 yards, thank you very much. You see the other parents, grandparents don't do anything for these kids, I love all these kids, and don't care what color their skin is, Isabella is one of three white one and there is four black ones. Some have autism and don't speak, Isabella is delayed so she does talk and walk, so we are very grateful for what she can do. Like I said I love these kids. Some of these won't be in her class this coming up Christmas but some will and I got a Penguin party planned. Thanks for listening to me.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

There are some really cheap fabrics sold there too. I always like the check the quality of the fabric by the feel of the fabric. Some of these fabric are called "seconds" unless they are on the original manufacturer's bolt.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
I was in Wal mart after Christmas looking for fleece with penguins and found a 10 yard bolt marked $4.47 so I bought it and it rang up $2.50 a yard, yea, but not knowing how many kids would be in the class (my granddaughter's classes are small for she is special needs)I knew 10 yards would not be enough for I'm making each a throw. Last Friday night I was buying groceries and went into the fabric dept looking for something to make pillowcases for my guild, we are doing a project all year for a children hospital, and guess what I found. YES, another bolt of the same fleece, penguins. I asked the clerk to check the price, she said it's $4.47. She scanned it, oh no she said, it $2.50, I'll take all 10 yards, thank you very much. You see the other parents, grandparents don't do anything for these kids, I love all these kids, and don't care what color their skin is, Isabella is one of three white one and there is four black ones. Some have autism and don't speak, Isabella is delayed so she does talk and walk, so we are very grateful for what she can do. Like I said I love these kids. Some of these won't be in her class this coming up Christmas but some will and I got a Penguin party planned. Thanks for listening to me.
Good for you and your granddaughter is lucky to have such a great grandmother. I have bought at Wal Mart and when you can feel the fabric you can get some great stuff reasonable. We have one quilt shop and another shop and I have found same material as Wal-Mart $1.-2. or more a yard more. Quilt shop is beyond my price point. The joys of being retired and limited income.

Last edited by Carol34446; 02-18-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:56 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Never know what one can find on sale at Wal Mart for quilting needs ..