Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warm & Natural batting no longer to be sold at JoAnns

Warm & Natural batting no longer to be sold at JoAnns

This letter was sent out by the president of Warm and Natural

Dear Quilters,

Thank you for 30 years of loyalty to Warm Company Battings and Fusible Webs. You’ve always been there for us and we’ve always enjoyed being a small part of your charitable projects, quilt shows and raffles.

Effective Immediately – The Warm Company is no longer selling Warm products to JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores or Joann.com.

All of your favorite Warm Batting and Fusibles are still readily available at local quilt shops, Walmart Stores and Walmart.com , Hobby Lobby Stores and Hobbylobby.com as well as several online suppliers including Amazon.com . If your guild has a business license or is a registered 501(c), you may be able to purchase directly from The Warm Company. Please email or call us at 1-800-234-9276 or email us [email protected] if you have any difficulty finding any Warm products.

Your comments or suggestions about our products are always welcome. We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards and best wishes from the entire Warm Company team.

Sincerely,

Jim Chumbley, President
    https://quiltdasher.blogspot.com

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

Interesting. . . thanks for letting us know.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Hmmm. I wonder why.

Blog Entries
    I’m curious too... one of the few things I buy at Joann’s.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Oh no! I loved using the 50% off coupon. It made quilting so much more affordable.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Strange. If you go to the Warm Co. FB page, there is no mention of this. If you go to their website, and look under online stores, Joanns comes up, with W&N products.

In looking @ prices, both WM and Amazon offer a queen size package for just under $30. Same size, without coupon, is $49.99 at Joanns - so about the same prices as if you use a 40% coupon at Joanns. Delivery to your door.... Maybe not as terrible a thing as I originally thought.

Where did you see the letter, Christine?
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I have not heard anything about this in our company emails. I will look into it today at work. I am also a bit curious as to how/why a company president would be sending out letters directly to quilters..hmmm...... I will get back to the board as soon as I find out what is happening.

Sounds strange to me, too.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries

Warm & Natural & Joann Fabrics

Not sure where I read that someone had heard that Joann's is no longer going to carry W&N and was wondering if it was true or a rumor. I decided to contact W&N and this is the reply I received from them.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for your Inquiry, yes the rumor is true. We sent the letter to the guilds and churches we have worked with in the past to address their concerns and questions first. JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts had been a great customer of The Warm Company for over 25 years. Their new management told us they would bring in their own store brands. Warm is available through many online sources as well as local quilt shops.
    Joann may have product left and I’m unsure how long they will be in stock or if they will be ordering any Warm Products from Distributors who order from us in the future. I wish I could be more informative but I hope this helps clarify some information regarding the posts you’ve been seeing.

Please let me know how I may be of any further assistance. We appreciate your continued support of The Warm Company.

Warm regards,
    Chelsea Jennings
    Customer Service

(425) 248-2424 Ext 104
    (425) 582-9104 Direct
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Hobby Lobby carries Warm & Natural. And you can use their 40% coupon.

That's a bummer. I like getting it from Joann fabrics. I'm glad I stocked up when the had it 50% percent off.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Glad I've got enough W&N to last a lifetime.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-05-2019 at 03:25 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    Wow!! that is interesting, I have always purchase at joann
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-04-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Mary

I, too was curious about dropping warm and natural but after reading the second letter, that tells me that whatever the Joann’s batting will be I doubt it will be what I want. I checked out the Toasty one last week and didn’t like it at all. I’ll stick with warm and natural and my favorite brand Quilter’s Dream Request. Thanks for the info - maybe we all should go and make purchases before it’s gone. Everything seems to be in sale when I get reallly good coupons - bums me out,

Quote Originally Posted by judykay View Post
    Not sure where I read that someone had heard that Joann's is no longer going to carry W&N and was wondering if it was true or a rumor. I decided to contact W&N and this is the reply I received from them.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for your Inquiry, yes the rumor is true. We sent the letter to the guilds and churches we have worked with in the past to address their concerns and questions first. JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts had been a great customer of The Warm Company for over 25 years. Their new management told us they would bring in their own store brands. Warm is available through many online sources as well as local quilt shops.
    Joann may have product left and I’m unsure how long they will be in stock or if they will be ordering any Warm Products from Distributors who order from us in the future. I wish I could be more informative but I hope this helps clarify some information regarding the posts you’ve been seeing.

Please let me know how I may be of any further assistance. We appreciate your continued support of The Warm Company.

Warm regards,
    Chelsea Jennings
    Customer Service

(425) 248-2424 Ext 104
    (425) 582-9104 Direct

Thank you judykay for this information. That's where I was buying mine after our Hancock's Fabrics closed and Joanne's took it's place.

Blog Entries
    I know a lot of other places carry it but it was always my go to for a 50 or 60% off coupon. Wonder how Joanns own brand is going to sell or compare to other battings.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

After I learned of HL's policy of not including birth control products in their insurance coverage, I no longer shop at HL.

Makes sense though... since Joann's has their own fabric line, now they're going to have their own batting as well. Then they will price it at 10% off permanently so you can never use a coupon, like they do with many other items. It's all about the almighty dollar, folks!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
    After I learned of HL's policy of not including birth control products in their insurance coverage, I no longer shop at HL.
    I love HL and shop there over JoAnns.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    Oh no! I loved using the 50% off coupon. It made quilting so much more affordable.
    I've found that items purchased at JoAnn's with a coupon are the same price without a coupon at Walmart. The problem is that Walmart doesn't usually have much variety in stock. You almost have to order it from their website if you are picky about sizes or if you want warm and white. The bright side of that is they usually deliver it to your local store (neighborhood markets included) at no charge.

bkay

Blog Entries
    Absolutely no one at Joanns, as of yesterday, knows anything about this. And, when we change vendors, this is usually not the way it is handled. I think someone is pulling a prank on folks with that letter.

Blog Entries
    I know of no item that is permanently marked at 10% off. We do run lots of sales at 30% and 40% and yes, your regular coupons are not able to be used. But, we also run the additional use coupons on the app that can be used on sale items. The thing that often puzzles me are the customers that have a 40% off coupon and the item they are buying is on sale at 40% off and yet, they complain that they can not use their coupon ?????????and this happens weekly! Use your coupon to buy something you either normally don't buy but would like to try or a staple such as thread, glue, ribbon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
    I always do the math before I buy and I've often found that Walmarts regular price is cheaper than using coupons at JoAnns, unless it's a big coupon like the rare ones that give a big percent off sale prices. Besides, having items shipped to my closest store(2 miles away) or straight to my house sure beats the 30-40 minute drive to JoAnns. I also love Hobby Lobby, don't care about their politics.

Cari
    I agree about Walmart online. And I don't mind paying a $2 extra for it to be shipped to my house instead of free pickup. It's been ages since I actually shopped at JoAnns.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast