Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: weighted quilts

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

weighted quilts

Know we've had threads on making weighted quilts for those that need help dealing with anxiety, etc. Last week in local Walmart and noticed that they had stocked weighted blanket "innards" where all you needed to do is cover with a duvet. The sizes and weight varied (i.e. twin were 6lbs; queen were 10lbs). Having just done an addition onto my g-sons needed because he's grown some, I can say that the prices on these seems really reasonable and I'm thinking of going back and purchasing one to hold onto until later.

Sounds like a great invention. Now you don't have to deal with all those pellets.

My DD wanted one and I'm not using my quilting time to making a weighted blanket. I bought one from Amazon. It's very well made and she is happy with it. Over and done. And my time making my grands new bed quilts was not interrupted.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.