Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Who are your favorite EBay fabric/notions sellers? >

Who are your favorite EBay fabric/notions sellers?

Who are your favorite EBay fabric/notions sellers?

Old 08-03-2017, 07:24 PM

Default Who are your favorite EBay fabric/notions sellers?

I buy a lot of my fabrics/notions on EBay and it seems like I can put in search terms and still not come up with all the sellers there. So, could you guys give your opinions on your favorite (or not so favorite) EBay sellers for quilting supplies and a brief why? Not looking for rants, etc, just honest feedback. I have a couple of favorites, just wonder if I'm missing any great sellers because they don't happen to come up in my searches.
Thank you!! This is a helpful bunch.

I will start...(I'm not affiliated with these sellers, just have had experience with them)

1. patmark98--I have ordered numerous things from these guys, they have a lot of CW and other repro fabrics and I always get good quality/name brand fabrics and she ships very quickly.

2. creativemerchandise--have ordered at least once from them, multiple cuts of name brand fabrics and the prices are very good.

3. afquiltsetc--I ordered a ruler from the big "A" online company, it was poorly packaged and arrived cracked, so I sent it back and contacted afquiltsetc and asked about their ruler shipping (packaging, etc). They answered very quickly and assured me they pack their rulers well for shipping. I ordered 2 rulers and they were spot on, the rulers were sandwiched with cardboard and wrapped in bubble wrap...no cracks and I got them very quickly. They seem like they focus on customer service.

I have learned to ask questions from sellers I am unfamiliar with (brand names if not in listing, etc). I also always check feedback (pay attention to sellers responses to negative feedback as well, that says a lot about a seller).

Thanks in advance for your input, I would love to have a decent list of sellers to buy from.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Mo and Mac's Fabric Shack is a favorite, although I've been buying more from Missouri Star Quilt Company than Ebay.
Ebay has tightened their rules to make a better shopping experience for buyers. I just haven't bought much lately but I will. Love using Paypal
Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 PM

although I do a lot of business on eBay, I usually don't buy many quilting items there. However recently I bought several pieces of Kaufman Kona solids from La-chakra, and she shipped fast and was first quality. When I have bought rulers or random items I really didn't search on the seller but just looked for the best price of whatever the item was, so haven't any favorite sellers there. Will be interested in the responses to this thread.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:27 AM

If I have something generic that I need....like neutrals or all yellow...I use franks11 on ebay. He is very easy to work with and I always love what he picks out. VERY reasonable too.

Marcia
Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

i don't really shop on ebay, but maybe i should
Old 08-04-2017, 03:18 AM

Prices, quick service, good material, a lot of choice, crowsnestquiltingfabrics. I will have to check out the others you all listed. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:15 AM

I ordered from Frank's11 once, didn't care for the batons, they were all murky/dull colors. The prints were okay...
Old 08-04-2017, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i don't really shop on ebay, but maybe i should
I use EBay to fill out the stash, usually with FQ bundles. Just be sure to ask about quality of fabric. Some will say "quilt shop quality" and send cheap/thin no-name fabric. I try to pay $1.75 or less per FQ, including shipping for name brand fabric.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:41 AM

Just saw my earlier post...it should say that the batiks were murky, but my phone always changes batiks to batons. (Even though I type the word batiks often and never type the word batons) I don't think smart phones are as smart as they think they are!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:54 AM

SusieQOH...I looked up Mo and Mac's, doesn't look like they are on EBay any more...