Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

newbee3 that is so cute!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 PM

On the learning curve. Today I was able to repeat last Saturday's class, by myself. I could find my way around the screens. I even was able to change to a different pattern and stitch it. Yeh!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:29 AM

Very pretty newbee3. Have you tried Anglenia Fibers yet. It comes in fibers plus you can get sheets. I like the fibers because you can mix and match different ones to get any color combo you want and then you iron it and it works just like mylar, it even looks alot like it. It's really great for Christmas ornaments and I put a shiney snowman on a picture frame that I digitized and made .
Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 AM

Newbie3 I have those designs but haven't done it yet. I love the way it came out. I purchased a blank embroidery stabilizer kit to make one using these motifs.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 AM

where did you get the blank embroidery stabilizer kit ?????????????
Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
I have the Spirit and have been looking at the Crescendo. Please tell me what you really like about it and you got a much better deal than I have found. Did you get the Gold Standard included for the price?
I don't know what the "gold standard: is so can't say about that, but I just love my Crescendo. It's easy to use, the work surface is large and bright, and the walking foot is a dream. It seems I did get a good deal, cause everyone else seems to say their dealer is much higher.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:33 PM

newbee3, I got the kit at a quilt store in Winter Haven, FL. There is a group of us in FL that meet twice a year at the Heartfelt Quilting and Sewing Store. They had one done on display and they also sold the kit to make one. I have yet to make it but plan on doing it soon since I am running out of room for my stabilizers. Bigredharley, you did get a great deal and I hear wonderful things about the Crescendo but I had a combo machine and used the embroidery more than the sewing features. I had the Babylock Ellure Plus which worked like a charm but I upgraded it to the Spirit. No complaints here. The gold standard is a 3 yr warranty for the machine. So it is best to get the most of service and maintenance for the next 3 yrs. Make sure that it is a Babylock technician because if not it can void the warranty. AND Today I received my last cherished embroidery machine that I have been looking for. A wonderful new friend here on the qb sold me the Brother PE-200 Snoopy Embroidery Machine. Brother only made one edition of this and later they did Winnie the Pooh and now it is all Disney. I am a big Snoopy/Peanuts fan and she was gracious with her deal. It arrived today and I turned it on and so far its not broken. I haven't yet used the embroidery (this machine came with a 4x4, 5x7 and smaller cap hoop. So now I am fulfilled! No more machines for me...wait a minute, oh my I like this machine*wink*wink*
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Gay

jratcliff

Can you put a little oil on the upper parts of the needle shank? Then try moving it using the hand wheel. It may be difficult. My Brother 3000 did this a few years ago, took it to the mechanic, and all he did was oiled that.

Good luck, RosieG

Last edited by Gay; 07-16-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
newbee3, I got the kit at a quilt store in Winter Haven, FL. There is a group of us in FL that meet twice a year at the Heartfelt Quilting and Sewing Store. They had one done on display and they also sold the kit to make one. I have yet to make it but plan on doing it soon since I am running out of room for my stabilizers. Bigredharley, you did get a great deal and I hear wonderful things about the Crescendo but I had a combo machine and used the embroidery more than the sewing features. I had the Babylock Ellure Plus which worked like a charm but I upgraded it to the Spirit. No complaints here. The gold standard is a 3 yr warranty for the machine. So it is best to get the most of service and maintenance for the next 3 yrs. Make sure that it is a Babylock technician because if not it can void the warranty. AND Today I received my last cherished embroidery machine that I have been looking for. A wonderful new friend here on the qb sold me the Brother PE-200 Snoopy Embroidery Machine. Brother only made one edition of this and later they did Winnie the Pooh and now it is all Disney. I am a big Snoopy/Peanuts fan and she was gracious with her deal. It arrived today and I turned it on and so far its not broken. I haven't yet used the embroidery (this machine came with a 4x4, 5x7 and smaller cap hoop. So now I am fulfilled! No more machines for me...wait a minute, oh my I like this machine*wink*wink*
The SNOOPY machine was my first venture into the emb. world. I sold it when I upgraded, but recently bought another from ebay (just because I was feeling nostalgic!) My machine came with PE Scanner (I'm having a ball!) However, I only got the lgr hoop and I want a 4x4. I ordered one & they sent the lge one. I informed and they sent another lge. I give up! Am trying to trade the lge for 4x4 on my local swap site. If anybody...???? Both are still in pkg....new.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Banned

Which model of machines do you have?

I have the NV1000 and the Innov-Is 1500D and have the 4x4 hoop for both
machines.

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
The SNOOPY machine was my first venture into the emb. world. I sold it when I upgraded, but recently bought another from ebay (just because I was feeling nostalgic!) My machine came with PE Scanner (I'm having a ball!) However, I only got the lgr hoop and I want a 4x4. I ordered one & they sent the lge one. I informed and they sent another lge. I give up! Am trying to trade the lge for 4x4 on my local swap site. If anybody...???? Both are still in pkg....new.