Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Bernina 440QE Getting started (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/bernina-440qe-getting-started-t309948.html)

Ya-Ya 02-28-2020 02:46 PM

Bernina 440QE Getting started

Hi, fellow quilters and machine embroiderers. I bought this machine on Ebay. It has only 180 working hours on it, 6 embroidery and the rest sewing. I would like to learn to embroider on it. I have it all set up, I think. I get to where you "write to the machine" and EC to PC opens. It shows the PC and cord from it in red, and the animation shows attaching the sewing machine to power cord, PC cord, and embroidery arm cord. It will not go any further. I have tried rebooting everything. What am I missing?

Barb2018 02-28-2020 03:10 PM

You can download the manual directly from the Bernina website.

Ya-Ya 02-28-2020 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barb2018 (Post 8365041)
You can download the manual directly from the Bernina website.

yes, I saw that. It was kinda vague about the hardware and software set up.

Rhonda K 02-28-2020 05:06 PM

What are you writing to the machine? The design? Can you use a USB to transfer the design?

Send the design to the USB (inserted into PC or lap top). Remove USB and load into machine.

Make sure the designs are individual and not in a "folder" of designs. Match the required machine format too.

Good luck and have fun with your new machine.

Ya-Ya 02-29-2020 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8365062)
What are you writing to the machine? The design? Can you use a USB to transfer the design?

Send the design to the USB (inserted into PC or lap top). Remove USB and load into machine.

Make sure the designs are individual and not in a "folder" of designs. Match the required machine format too.

Good luck and have fun with your new machine.

As far as I know, there is no USB hub on the machine, so the only way to get the design to it is through the PC.

Barb2018 02-29-2020 07:26 AM

Page 70 of the manual states that it uses USB tech, so you should be able to use a properly formatted thumb drive for the designs.

Rhonda K 02-29-2020 02:00 PM

Look at page 70 for the computer requirements. There may be compatibility issues depending on your PC. This needs an older version operating system.

RedGarnet222 03-11-2020 07:19 AM

To begin playing with the machine, you can use the built in designs. There are tons of them in the machine. Just refer to the embroidery manual as to which designs are in your machine. Mine has on them.
Oh have you put the dongle in and started that way? It is a key that you have to have to talk to the computer and machine.

Papotvin 04-27-2020 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ya-Ya (Post 8365032)
Hi, fellow quilters and machine embroiderers. I bought this machine on Ebay. It has only 180 working hours on it, 6 embroidery and the rest sewing. I would like to learn to embroider on it. I have it all set up, I think. I get to where you "write to the machine" and EC to PC opens. It shows the PC and cord from it in red, and the animation shows attaching the sewing machine to power cord, PC cord, and embroidery arm cord. It will not go any further. I have tried rebooting everything. What am I missing?

Hi, I have a Bernina 430 and sometimes have the same problem. It sounds like the USB cord is not making a good connection. Try "jiggling" the ends while they are plugged in to see if you can get the red to go green. If not, try using a different cord. If you don't have one at home, you can buy on line or even many of the big box stores. Also, make sure your embroidery module is plugged in well.

I hope this helps--I have done lots of embroidery on my machine. It is older, but still works well.

Penny

Qpoodle 05-27-2020 04:46 PM

Need help from Bernina 440 users

I want to buy a used embroidery module for my 440QE. What is the correct model number? Any tips you suggest before I buy on eBay?
thank you!