Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Brother embroidery machine problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/brother-embroidery-machine-problem-t322712.html)

Thebaches 02-15-2024 12:24 PM

Brother embroidery machine problem

I have a Brother PE150 which has suddenly developed a problem. When making a square using the built in programme 3 sides, top left and bottom stitch good but the left side makes "fluffy" top stitches and the bottom one is very loose, this only happens on the right side. Does anyone have a solution as to why this is happening and how do I fix it?
Sylvia

Onebyone 02-15-2024 12:38 PM

There is a Facebook group for Brother machine embroidery users. You will probably get more detailed help there.

DJ 02-15-2024 05:21 PM

It sounds like a digitizing problem. Have you tried downloading the file again? Is the left side the last side to stitch? Try stopping your machine before it stitches that part and re-thread. Also, be sure to re-set the bobbin since the top stitches are not right either. Good luck!

Thebaches 02-16-2024 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8637191)
It sounds like a digitizing problem. Have you tried downloading the file again? Is the left side the last side to stitch? Try stopping your machine before it stitches that part and re-thread. Also, be sure to re-set the bobbin since the top stitches are not right either. Good luck!

MY machine is the basic PE150 I cannot download files

Rhonda K 02-16-2024 04:47 AM

Does your machine stitch other designs OK?

What stabilizer are you using and how are you hooping the project?

Sticky back stabilizers can gum up the needle and cause issues.

Check the bobbin area and make sure it is clean. Are you using a pre-wound bobbin or one wound on the machine?

Change the needle. This is always my go-to when having issues.

Make sure the needle and the embroidery foot are seated into the correct position and the holding screws are tight.

Did you edit, change size, or position of the design? Delete this current design from the machine for stitching and then start over selecting the design.

mermaid 02-16-2024 05:16 AM

I still have my pe180 and pe200 and I understand that your square is a built in design that cannot be deleted! I never had that problem but I’m going to suggest that perhaps you are putting the bobbin in wrong. Though actually, I’m wondering if the emb arm has been bumped out of alignment. There is a downloadable "repair/service" manual that details with pictures how to disassemble. I’ve done so several times in the past, removing the arm and cover when the needle needed timing. If these suggestions don’t help, it could be that the memory board has failed for this particular design. Last resort…stop using that design or seek professional diagnosis. These little early machines are truly work horses, and give few problems. If you cannot d/l the service manual anymore from Brother support, I’m happy to pdf you a copy. Hope you get it figured out!

Gay 02-16-2024 06:36 PM

Is your machine sewing backwards ( bottom to top) when this happens? The thread may be catching on something, perhaps the needle plate or bobbin. If so, I would have a machine tech look into it.