Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Download embroidery designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/download-embroidery-designs-t317721.html)

adrenablossom 03-06-2022 10:27 PM

Download embroidery designs

How do I download embroidery designs to a computer?

jmoore 03-07-2022 04:06 AM

There are many YouTube videos on how to download embroidery designs. I think you need to search for your machine or the software you use. I have a Bernina which requires a PES or EXP download. There are many sites to get embroidery designs from including Etsy. Good luck.

eparys 03-07-2022 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by adrenablossom (Post 8541373)
How do I download embroidery designs to a computer?

Generally it is done just like any other downloaded file. If you find it is "zipped". then follow the steps for your operating system to unzip it. Then you should be good to transfer it to your embroidery machine

mermaid 03-07-2022 08:18 AM

I download to my "Downloads" folder….where all downloads go. Then I move to individual emb folders. But you CAN choose to d/l to a thumb drive, card, whatever is easiest to work with. Of course, yes, if it is in zipped folder, it must be opened before going to machine.

adrenablossom 03-07-2022 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8541386)
There are many YouTube videos on how to download embroidery designs. I think you need to search for your machine or the software you use. I have a Bernina which requires a PES or EXP download. There are many sites to get embroidery designs from including Etsy. Good luck.

Yeah!! I know there many youtube videos and I have watched so many but still I am not able to download.

Rhonda K 03-08-2022 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by adrenablossom (Post 8541587)
Yeah!! I know there many youtube videos and I have watched so many but still I am not able to download.

We don't know where in the process you are having problems. Tell us the steps you are using and what happens along the way.

What machine do you have and what file extension do you need? What system are you using to download/transfer the designs? I use a laptop and a usb.

What is the error message or what happens? Can you find the downloaded design on your system? Where do the designs go after download?

PS: When you transfer to the usb, the files need to be separate and not in a folder. You also have to know the capacity of your machine. I only put the 2 or 3 designs that I'm currently using on the usb.

Transfer them as (example) flower design, then the cat design, then the butterfly design. The designs will list individually on the usb and NOT in a folder.

Make sure the stitch count and size of design does not exceed the machine capacity.

Macybaby 03-09-2022 01:17 PM

I've run into some problems that the ad blocker my husband installed interferes, as the site as a pop up that the blocker is blocking - so I have to disable it for that site before I can do anything. Other sites I have no problem.

juliasb 03-11-2022 07:48 AM

Many embroidery files come as zip files that contain all the different platforms. I keep a file section for all my embroidery files and create a sub folders for new files so I can find them quickly. I have learned to use my file directory very well with DL'ing hundreds of thousands of designs. It just takes practice. Having each topic of designs grouped together is a big help.
For a newby just make a folder for your embroidery designs and once you have d/l to the d/l folder move or copy it to the new folder.
To d/l the file from on site to your computer follow the instructions on the site. Each site can be a bit different.
I hope I have made sense. I have been doing this for so many years it is something I do by rote anymore. Now I have so many I don't d/l many anymore. Heck I have enough to fill a 120g thumb drive.

RedGarnet222 03-12-2022 01:53 PM

Okay, do you have the instructions for your machine handy? I would say to start there and go step by step until you have your design. Not all machines use the same type of programs, so you need to find out which kind of file your embroidery machine uses and download that type of file. If your anti virus program doesn't allow the download, you must fiddle with that to get it to allow the download.
Without knowing what kind of machine you have it makes it hard for us to help you. Many of the manufacturers of the machines have an on line site that shows just how to use your machine. I would start there because they often have videos that are just like what you have.
I hope you get it figured out. Embroidering is fun and there are so many sewing projects to make.

RedGarnet222 03-12-2022 01:58 PM

Oh, by the way, if you bought your machine at a quilt store (or a large sewing machine store) , they could offer a one on one class with a teacher. I know sometimes there are classes offered for a fee to learn machine embroidery whether you bought the machine there or not. They are a little pricey to attend, but you would have a person right there helping you.