Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   My new Brother Innovis NQ1600E (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/my-new-brother-innovis-nq1600e-t304061.html)

Sharonquilts 04-07-2019 03:29 PM

My new Brother Innovis NQ1600E

I had posted a thread earlier about the Brother Innovis NQ1600E. So after researching a lot of machines, I visited my local dealer a few times but when I tried this one out, I fell in love. The machine was on sale and they threw in another hoop size for free so I bought it (even though it was a little over my budget). Finally set it up today and downloaded a couple of free designs I wanted to use. I love this machine. It does beautiful work. So user friendly which was important to me as a "newbie" to embroidery. I have several projects already planned. Now just to block a few days on my calendar so I can get started.

I'm sure I'll have questions as I explore this new world of embroidery.

Rhonda K 04-08-2019 02:54 AM

Congrats on your new machine. There are so many fun things to make with EMB. Many of the vendor sites have tutorials that help with questions or how-to.

Of course, you can always post questions here too. Good luck and have fun!

QuiltMom2 04-08-2019 03:38 AM

Warning! You sound like you're entering the addictive world of machine embroidery. I know there's a thread on this board "Machine Embroidery" which you might enjoy browsing through at your leisure. Have fun.

Sharonquilts 04-08-2019 11:44 AM

Thanks for your comments.

QuiltMom2, in case you didn't see my earlier thread ... I had purchased a small Brother a year or so ago on sale for a little more than $200 just to see if I would enjoy embroidery (it only has a 4 x 4 hoop). Finally got it out recently, did my first project and was hooked. Haha. I was somewhat surprised because I never thought I would want to do machine embroidery (although I did do a lot of hand embroidery work many years ago and enjoyed it). Guess I better get a piggy bank and start saving all my spare change.

Thanks.

Maggie_Sue 04-08-2019 05:18 PM

Yes, you will enjoy your new machine and post photos. Love looking at others creations!!!

quiltingcandy 04-08-2019 07:27 PM

Congratulations on your new machined! My friend was looking at your new machine at a quilt show and was sooooo tempted but just too much. We are both so addicted to machine embroidery.

Tish05 04-28-2019 06:11 AM

I have the Brother NQ1400E, which I think is the precursor to your machine. I've been using it now for a couple of years, and it rarely sits idle. I've embroidered almost anything you can think of and it does a great job. It came with a 6x10 hoop and I added a 4x4 so I wouldn't always use so much stabilizer when working smaller designs.
I purchased thread sets from Amazon that come from an american company Thread Art. I have all of their colours (the price is very reasonable), so no matter what I want to stitch, I can find a colour that works. Although the thread is inexpensive, I rarely have a problem with it, and that's usually a user problem when the machine hasn't been threaded properly or the bobbin inserted properly or the needle needs to be changed.
Enjoy your machine. As my daughter says, "embroider all the things" :)

nanasews4 02-26-2020 12:58 PM

Embroidery machine rookie

I, too, purchase a new machine, but have not used it but once because I got a quick overview at the store and have not been able to find any video tutorials for my particular machine, Innov-is NQ1600E. I would love some hints as to where to find those. I have ordered downloads and would love to use them!

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8237514)
Congrats on your new machine. There are so many fun things to make with EMB. Many of the vendor sites have tutorials that help with questions or how-to.

Of course, you can always post questions here too. Good luck and have fun!

mermaid 02-27-2020 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by nanasews4 (Post 8364499)
I, too, purchase a new machine, but have not used it but once because I got a quick overview at the store and have not been able to find any video tutorials for my particular machine, Innov-is NQ1600E. I would love some hints as to where to find those. I have ordered downloads and would love to use them!

Type this into your search bar youtube/Brother Innov-is NQ1600E and you will get a page of info, including videos.

nanasews4 02-27-2020 07:18 PM

Thank you so much for the info! I will do just that!