Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   New Machin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/new-machin-t307437.html)

SydJus Nana 10-14-2019 09:30 PM

New Machin

I have A Singer CE-100 which has served me well. I recently had to purchase a new computer which runs Windows 10. The CE-100 doesn't work with Windows 19. So I guess I'll have to purchase a new machine. I've been looking at getting another Singer, not sure which one; but have seen the Brother 800. Does anyone have this machine? And if some one does have it, is it a good machine? I don't mind an embroidery only machine, but an affordable sewing embroidery machine is not off the table. Thank you, in advance, for your input:confused:.

Rhonda K 10-15-2019 03:56 AM

What are you using the computer for with the embroidery machine? Design transfer?

Most machines can use the USB for design transfer.

QuiltnNan 10-15-2019 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8313502)
What are you using the computer for with the embroidery machine? Design transfer?

When I upgraded from WP to Win7, my design software was not compatible and I had to upgrade, including the card that goes in my [1980's] machine. I only wish I had a machine that takes USB!

juliasb 10-15-2019 06:46 AM

My brothers machines which are now considered older used a different 'card' system. Not a USB. Brothers has a proprietary software and card but there was a card reader and software that could read/write that fit the machine. I could not get the Brother's software to work with windows 10 but could get the little Max to work with my machines so that is what I am using now. I also have a great software package, digitizer software, that allows me to not only compose my own designs but edit others. Between the 2 I have been able to keep the embroidery functions of my older brothers machines working just fine. Brothers has an inexpensive machine that is available at Walmart that now uses a USB port for importing designs. Just depends on what you are using your machine for. It is a great little model for regular sewing too.

Mazo 10-19-2019 08:45 AM

What software are you using? Thanks

patricej 10-19-2019 11:48 AM

what is your budget for the new machine?

SydJus Nana 12-18-2019 04:27 PM

Ce-100

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8313502)

The program that the machines runs is Futura. I can only use the USB connected to the computer. It is a sewing/embroidery machine, but uses my computer to build and send the images that are to be embroidered/

SydJus Nana 12-18-2019 04:31 PM

I'm looking at the Brother PE-800. Not sure how much it runs, but that's what I have been looking at.

SydJus Nana 12-18-2019 04:32 PM

Juliasb, what is the model of the machine you're talking about. I'll take a look at that one too.