Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   OK - I did it!! New Janome 550e machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/ok-i-did-new-janome-550e-machine-t314859.html)

Still Sew N 03-23-2021 07:28 AM

OK - I did it!! New Janome 550e machine!

I went for it. Let me just say....how did I ever live without an embroidery machine before? This is just fun! My grandson who is 9 loves it too! We have stitched out spiderman, monster trucks, dogs. We are going to make those into Christmas tree decorations!! So much is out there! I make dog bandanas and have always wanted to embroidery the dogs names on their bandanas. Then I saw all the fonts out there! Started thinking about all the amazing quilt labels that could be personalized and end up with a quality product! After watching Lorrie Nunemaker You Tube on the basics of embroidery, I also made up those so cute Make Up towels. Every gal I know is getting one of those. The machine itself is very easy to use and not an issue with tension, thread breaking or anything. I am using pre-wound bobbins. I use Glide 40 wt for quilting my quilts and this thread works beautifully in this embroidery machine as well. This machine is fun! Something for everyone! Yes, I'm excited about this product!! Just amazing, so many downloads and decent pricing for them as well. Fun toy for sure!

Macybaby 03-23-2021 10:01 AM

Sounds like you are having fun! it's a very addicting hobby. Just the other day I was telling my husband how glad I am that I bought an embroidery machine.

jmoore 03-24-2021 02:54 AM

Congratulations...new machines are so much fun. It sounds like you have a future sewing enthusiast in your family. Enjoy!

Rhonda K 03-24-2021 04:08 AM

Congrats on your new machine. Will we ever see you again? It's so fun to get lost in the world of embroidery!

ZooAnimals 03-24-2021 04:14 AM

Congratulations..I'm pretty sure the 550e will exceed your expectations..big hoop is a great bonus, you might not use it a lot but what you can fit it you will be amazed.. not having to split the design to fit the big hoop is a AAA plus.... Think it does designs up to 120K stitches ....Cheers Zoo

toverly 03-24-2021 04:22 AM

Awesome, it sounds like you are loving your new machine. Getting your grandson involved adds to the fun. Congratulations!

sewingpup 03-24-2021 08:02 AM

congratulations! I used to do a lot of embroidery, then the quilting bug hit, now it seems I am getting a urge to go back to embroidery again now that I got the new machines. I was thinking about trying out the Janome's but I have so much invested in Viking and Bernina accessories, I stuck to those brands as we still have dealers for both those machines nearby. Today, I want to finish getting three tops ready for the long-arm so I can get them out of my sewing space. Then I will set up for embroidery.