Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   questions on embroidery machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/questions-embroidery-machines-t317104.html)

fktsewing 12-19-2021 04:45 PM

questions on embroidery machines

Am looking to buy an embroidery only machine. Iwant at least 5x7 size, PES format and to be able to add more designs
going forward. Any suggestions?

sewingpup 12-19-2021 05:05 PM

I would look at what dealers are in your area and which have techs for any repairs that might be needed and also for periodic maintenance on the machine and pick one from there. A number of different brands can use PES. My Bernina can read PES files and so can my Viking. I think Brother and babylock also do. Do you have a lot of PES designs? Just make sure you find out what the machine you pick can read as that can change with the age and model of the specific brand of machine you pick. also would be helpful to know what price range you are looking for as there is a huge range of prices.

rjwilder 12-20-2021 05:37 AM

Look at the Brother and Babylock brands, reliable and easy to service. Go to a dealer if possible, you might be able to get a great deal on a used one that was traded in. Test drive the ones you’re interested in and ask about free lessons, and if any thread, bobbins, stabilizers and hoops can be thrown in the deal. Yes, you can download designs from the internet onto a USB stick, just make sure you buy the PES format. There are tons of sites online selling designs, some are not legal, like Disney designs, they are copyrighted.

Sew Girl 2 12-20-2021 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by fktsewing (Post 8526080)
Am looking to buy an embroidery only machine. Iwant at least 5x7 size, PES format and to be able to add more designs
going forward. Any suggestions?

Look at Brother or Baby Lock, they are really good machines. My sewing friends and I have over 10 Brother/Baby Lock machines and none of us have had any problems. You may watch for estate sales in your area. You could pick up an excellent machine for about 1/4 the price of a new one. See if your dealer has any classes and attend one, you may find someone wanting to trade up and get a 2 to 3 year old machine a lot cheaper. I wouldn't go for the bottom of the line as they won't stand up. The machine is only the beginning for the cost. You will need thread, stabilizer, designs, etc. So budget for all of that.

TacoMama 12-21-2021 05:27 AM

I only have Brother Machines. I do have one which is embroidery only but haven't used it much. I think it is a Brother

GregB 12-21-2021 07:39 AM

I have had my Elna Expressive 830 for two years. Great machine. Found it new for a lower price than similar machines. I add designs off the internet via a flash drive. So go out there and try different brands.

mermaid 12-25-2021 05:51 AM

And don’t forget that there is free software for changing the design format from whatever to "pes". Sometimes you will love a design that is not offered in pes, but you can change it.

suegros 01-11-2022 07:19 AM

The world leader in the production of industrial and domestic embroidery machines is the Japanese company Janome. Using the most advanced technology, a wide range of models, the highest quality and reliability of sewing equipment Janome make the products of this brand one of the most popular on the market.

No less popular with consumers are embroidery machines Brother. The brand is also of Japanese origin, although its production subsidiaries are located in many countries around the world. Conquering the highest technological heights, Brother Company took a course on the cheapening of its products with the maintenance of its impeccable quality and wide functionality.

lalaland 10-17-2022 12:34 PM

You may find it a bit tricky to find a new embroidery only machine that takes a 5x7 hoop. The newer machines are mostly combo (embroidery and sewing). You may have to look for an older used machine if you want embroidery only. Don't shy away from those used machines, they can be a great deal, just be sure if you find one that it accepts multiple formats, or at least the one you want (I use PES), and is not locked into the brand name format only. My single needle machines are Bernina Deco 600's but the largest hoop they will take is 4x4.

Delfinaandrina 12-09-2022 04:00 PM

Bernette B79

Please help!!!
I just got Bernette B79. I tried my first embroidery and everything went fine. then started another and it went absolutely wrong. the lower thread came on the surface and the upper thread was on the back of the fabric. Then machine went crazy, I could stop it only turning it off. My embroidery stuck as the main thread were in the needle plate. I cleaned bobbin compartment, changed needle, was trying different tensions for the upper thread, but unsuccessful. Please help me to solve this problem.