Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Quilters" do you fall in this category?

Sounds about right. Don't tell DH. :)

Blog Entries
    Don't quite meet the age, just 55.

My sewing rooms include the living room (five machines), so the dining room became the living room, and the breakfast area (ironing board, cutting table), kitchen cabinets, the coat closet, the 2nd closet in the master bedroom and the garage...no room for cars.

Way over $8500 for equipment.

Super way over the fabric.

It's good I'm not married, so I guess the whole house is my sewing and fabric area...except for the spots the dogs take up :)

I match two things
    I am 64 and do have a Quilt Studio.
    Don't have anywere near that much in tools or machines, and not that much in fabric.
    Carol in Delaware

Blog Entries
    Oh dear. I'm a bit younger, don't have a whole room devoted to sewing and I hope to *&%$ I don't have all that money tied up in quilting. I could have gone on my fantasy vacation and had a ball on that money!

I am "only" 56. I do have a sewing room (since my kids grew up and we no longer needed 5 bedrooms). I have less that average tied up in machines and have no clue on the amount I have invested in fabric though I'm guessing less than $3500. It is wonderful to see so many replies from really young quilters. The art will continue!

Blog Entries
    Yes a few of these are me!

I have the sewing room but not any of the rest.

Well I pretty much sew in the dining room, but I don't eat there anymore, so maybe it is my sewing room! If books and magazines count as sewing supplies and tools, then maybe I reach the mark. I probably have enough fabric to qualify. I certainly do, if you count the 40+ finished quilts.
    I can't get into the guest room anymore. There is too much fabric, etc. in there at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pvquilter
    Read this in an article and thought I would share:
    Just a few quilting statistics:
    *The average age of quilter is 62 years old.
    *About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
    *On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.
    *A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:
    Nope, not me. I am in my early 40's, but I do have an entire room dedicating to quilting with it spilling over into other rooms. My biggest investment is my Janome 6600 and I got a great deal on that when it was first out and paid $1500 for it. I really need more tools and toys evidently. I have a lot of fabric but nowhere near anything like $3700 worth. I wish!!!!

Oddly enough, it might explain why most of my friends are in their 60s. :lol:

Well, I don't fit any of the categories. I'm way past 65, have 3 longarms and more fabric than I care to count. Also I have the Accuquilt machine and lots of dies.

yes we are in the same sewing room, or should I say basement
    I was teasing my DD YESTERDAY I told her i needed to go to Joannes & she told me I could start a Joannes in my basement,
    haha, it's true

Wow... Yes, I just turned 61, I have at least one room dedicated to sewing (the other is scrapping/card making) another is an overflow of both.... and I don't dare add up what I have invested in my crafts.... that would scare me to death... but I bet I come close to those figures.... :)

69yrs old, my whole house is designated as a sewing room, but I fall short on fabric and equipment.

OH MY GOD that is scary stuff I just don't want to go there!
    *About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
    *On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:

Kinda scary, but, yep it sounds like me.

Blog Entries

Let's see...
    11 years past the age. Oh yes, I do have at least that amount invested in tools and supplies and Yes, have at least that amount in fabric. Still buying more. I think it grows more fabric!
    I'm cleaning up my sewing room (yes that too, I have my own sewing room) and going through plastic containers. Just found some fabric that I don't remember seeing before. Like I said, it grows.
    Phyllis

Do I win? I am 80 and quilt in a corner of my bedroom. Thank goodness its a large room!I have too many gadgets but only one machine.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    I'm 48, have been sewing all my life, attempting quilting for the past 24 years.
    Have an art studio that I share with my husband who ties flies.
    Have about $3000.00 in equipment
    And 300 in fabric.
    Soundsl ike I'm below average...lol

Well I'm over 40- and spend way too much...and I'm in process of taking over 1/2 of a spare bedroom to quilt in.. I do have a room in the garage made especially for my scrapbooking..lol. Have more of that then quilting at the present time..but oh it's growing! lol

Fit all but the age and that is right around the corner.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffinGin
    Quote Originally Posted by tortoisethreads
    I'm 35 and heavily tattooed! I have a small area that I sew in and I do not have that much invested in fabric and tools!
    Ummm, Tortoisethreads, does being heavily tatooed influence or make your quilter age older or younger? :lol:
    Not sure...I am tattooed, and quilt and am 48.

50 is closer than 40 for me and no where near that much in supplies...if you added all the scrapbooking supplies to the quilting supplies, we might be getting close!

OMG has someone been watching me????

Well I am only 23 but I do have a room dedicated to quilting. YAY! I have probably only $1500 worh of supplies including my sewing machine and serger. I am trying to build up my fabric department :)

Well, I'm 34 at the moment. When I finally get done remodeling my new home, I will have my own sewing room. I have not spent near that much on fabric and supplies. Down the road, I will surpass all of that!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast