Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    My UFO for the week is called 9 Patch Novelty. I had a bunch of charms from an I spy swap so I pulled some with a similar color palette and made the 9 patches for offsetting blocks. I'm going to jazz it up a bit with the graphic print backing and quilt it with my walking foot.
    How cute!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

This is somebody else's UFO. LOL I received these blocks from a lady who has had 'em for 10 years & she got 'em from somebody else. I sashed 'em last night & will put the border on in the next few days.
    Name:  SBS  from ITO #1 w:sashin' .jpg
Views: 192
Size:  53.8 KB
    Bev

Wow everyone's getting such beautiful UFO's finished! I'm working in quilting Mickey Mouse heads on three signature quilts for my grandbabies. Can I count them for march too if I sewed the backings in march?
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Wow everyone's getting such beautiful UFO's finished! I'm working in quilting Mickey Mouse heads on three signature quilts for my grandbabies. Can I count them for march too if I sewed the backings in march?
    You decide how ya want ta count 'em.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    This is somebody else's UFO. LOL I received these blocks from a lady who has had 'em for 10 years & she got 'em from somebody else. I sashed 'em last night & will put the border on in the next few days.
    I would've never thought to use navy as borders, but it really works. Seems to make all the colors brighter. Nice dublb!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks OK.
    Bev

asimplelife--great job on this week's quilt.

dublb--nice work with the hand-me-down UFO...it's good that someone is getting those blocks put together.

Finished sewing the top of my braid table runner together. Now to decide how I want to finish it.

Started sewing the triangles cut out of my jelly roll top I wasn't happy with into squares. Not sure I like how I have it on my design wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Finished sewing the top of my braid table runner together. Now to decide how I want to finish it.

Started sewing the triangles cut out of my jelly roll top I wasn't happy with into squares. Not sure I like how I have it on my design wall.
    Post a pic?

Making good progress on my UFO.... trying to decide on a border. I was thinking 4 inch wide blue with miniature flower blocks in each corner. Opinions? The dark color around it is my design wall.

Name:  2013-04-17 14.36.06sm.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  398.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG so glad I posted this.. I just noticed the humility block in the lower left corner...

Hello seam ripper!

Kel
    I think this is a good place for me. What do I have to do to take part? UFO's, PIG's, and all the likes....I have so many idea's so little time... I'm always thinking 2 steps ahead of my self, and I'm stitching 3 steps behind.
    Currently working on a wedding quilt for DD. I'm stuck on making the back. (and I haven't finished the front yet...Still have to put on the boarders) Want to do a pachwork for the back, but everytime I go to start cutting fabric I FREEZE. I have calulated all my measurements, but! My head says, Do I have enough fabric, what if I make a calulation error, cutting error....Oh! My! I guess I will quiet my stitching demons and just start. thanks for the E ear.

Welcome Kel!!! This thread is for talkin' about what UFO ya are doin' right now. Just like ya just did. It helps so much when ya talk about it & git past whatever is slowin' ya down.
    This one is for postin' our finishes.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...h-t209986.html
    Bev

Kaelyn: Really, really like your top! The blue with the inset blocks will really pull the design together and kind of ground it. Can't wait to see the picture.

Kaelyn: Did not see your "humility" block, love the name. Thats why I always ask someone to take a look because I seem to be blind to a misplaced block.

Still unhappy with my diagonal strip blocks so I put them away for now and started quilting DDs blue and green carpenters wheel quilt. Got the SID for the main portion done and decided to get adventurous and do a bit of embellishment in the background blocks around the star and the wheel. Nothing fancy - not that adventurous yet - but I'm liking the darker blue diamonds on the pale blue background. Will post pic when I get done with the diamonds. Then to figure out what to do on the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Still unhappy with my diagonal strip blocks so I put them away for now and started quilting DDs blue and green carpenters wheel quilt. Got the SID for the main portion done and decided to get adventurous and do a bit of embellishment in the background blocks around the star and the wheel. Nothing fancy - not that adventurous yet - but I'm liking the darker blue diamonds on the pale blue background. Will post pic when I get done with the diamonds. Then to figure out what to do on the borders.
    I love carpenter's wheels, can't wait to see a photo

Kaelyn: Did not see your "humility" block, love the name. Thats why I always ask someone to take a look because I seem to be blind to a misplaced block.
    I didn't even see it until I looked at the picture. I think my new rule will be to leave it up on my design wall for a day or two, just in case I missed something. Thanks for the encouragement! I will be going out to pick up some more blue for the border tomorrow.

Lets see if the picture of progress so far will come out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Lots of room for improvement, but I'm excited to have ventured this far.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Kaelyn--looking good! I think a blue border will be a good choice. I too often don't see things wrong in my projects until I take a picture.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of others current progress.

My April UFO is coming along. The quilting in the blocks is done. I need to add borders and bind...should be able to finish up this week. Then I will be working on a quilt for a friend of DH's...the friend is a pilot so I am pp'ing some airplanes and alternating with 4-patch blocks (these are done)...then a narrow border and a border of "propeller" blocks. It will be time consuming, but will be much appreciated when finished.

mom-6--we were posting at the same time. Your carpenters wheel looks great. What size is it?

Kaelyn - I had ta look for 15 minuets ta find it. I'd never have seen it if ya hadn't sent me alookin' for it.
    Mom - It's wonderful! I love the carpenter's wheel! Great colors!
    Bev

It's 72" long and probably about 50" wide.
    Really like how the colors worked together. The binding is going to be the medium blue print of the final end border (darker print of center star).
    Wish my quilting could do it justice! But have to keep practicing and might as well do it on something useful.

Mom6 love your star, one of my favorite designs. Good progress!

My April UFO is now sandwiched. I hope to start quilting it today, yet another bed size (98X100).

Looking at the picture of mine I'm thinking that I should have used a fluffy batting to achieve the look I was aiming for. Another lesson learned.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast