Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM

Sandy--this is a very pretty quilt! Great job!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 PM

Wow some great quilts - well, nearly quilts LOL. Fraew, I would go with the red too, a stunning beauty!
Not sure if I'll get my Feb UFO done. Haven't gotten much done in anything due to severe carpal tunnel. But had surgery Tuesday morning & am singing praises to the Lord for it being a success. Left hand now mending. Right hand to be scheduled.
I plan to put this 20 yr old UFO on design wall & let y'all see & maybe give me some ideas.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:51 AM

Hello All. The pinwheel quilt makes me feel so happy - the colours are great. Fraew's appliqué is amazing - very envious.
Spurred on by your encouragement I've now finished both January and February quilts. Only small Linus ones but finished non the less. Of course, while you're finishing them you realise just why they are UFOs in the first place - because you didn't like them!
Happy quilting. Jacki
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:54 AM

Sorry forgot - also identified March. Much prettier fabrics thank goodness.
Anticipating burn out by April! J
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Sigh! That's gonna be just lovely! What method did ya use for your Hex's? Did ya do 'em on the machine or by hand?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM

Now now now, don't be saying that Jacki you will spoil it for yourself. You can do it girl. I am feeling like a cheerleader today. Working hard at motivating myself, that I am spilling over to others so keep up the good work group, you can do it! YEAH!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Now, help me, I am doing pastels, who would figure, not my thing. I had the worst time picking colors last night. My dear sweet loving DH bought me some fabric at the quilt store in Idaho, but I did nto realize that I needed white base not a cream. So off I go. Spent 45 minutes letting everyone else find what I needed. I am not good at pastels at all, did I repeat myself there, did ya get it? Anyway, when I went to cut it up last night, I realized I did not get my setting blocks fabric so I need to stop by store again and get some for that. Oh my goodness, all I want to do is finish this quilt. Ok, now I am done whining. Thanks for reading.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Sigh! That's gonna be just lovely! What method did ya use for your Hex's? Did ya do 'em on the machine or by hand?
Thanks. By hand over papers (on the train). Not my normal way of working but quite therapeutic. I do like the colours and am looking forward to doing it when back from Berlin on 4 March. This challenge is going to be so good for me! Regards, Jacki
Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Now now now, don't be saying that Jacki you will spoil it for yourself. You can do it girl. I am feeling like a cheerleader today. Working hard at motivating myself, that I am spilling over to others so keep up the good work group, you can do it! YEAH!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Now, help me, I am doing pastels, who would figure, not my thing. I had the worst time picking colors last night. My dear sweet loving DH bought me some fabric at the quilt store in Idaho, but I did nto realize that I needed white base not a cream. So off I go. Spent 45 minutes letting everyone else find what I needed. I am not good at pastels at all, did I repeat myself there, did ya get it? Anyway, when I went to cut it up last night, I realized I did not get my setting blocks fabric so I need to stop by store again and get some for that. Oh my goodness, all I want to do is finish this quilt. Ok, now I am done whining. Thanks for reading.
We have to travel such a long way to a decent quilt shop - you are so lucky. When I was in New England years ago, I couldn't believe how many quilt shops there were. I think I made a mistake earlier - was it you that did the beautiful appliqué that Fraeu is quilting? J
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM

I did not do it if she is quilting it, I do know she should be binding an applique quilt that she has. Tattling on you Fraew.

Question ladies: I want to make a spacer block that is 12" finished to go with my applique blocks, I want the corner and diagonal squares to be in a green to go to the corner stone in the sashing, what size do they need to be? Four patch doesn't do it, five patch does (not sure what the measurement is) 6 patch leaves the center to much green because the intersect, 7 patch is over intense for my embroideries I think. Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM

I made some more progress on my Feb UFO this week..... The blocks are all quilted, the first border is on, and the 2nd border is cut. I will start pinning on the 2nd border (same as setting triangles) tonight. Tomorrow I will sew that on and hopefully be able to get the final border (blue) on as well. Then just binding and I am done!! YAY!!
Attached Thumbnails pc-1-border.jpg  

Last edited by carriem; 02-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.