Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Sandy--this is a very pretty quilt! Great job!!

Wow some great quilts - well, nearly quilts LOL. Fraew, I would go with the red too, a stunning beauty!
    Not sure if I'll get my Feb UFO done. Haven't gotten much done in anything due to severe carpal tunnel. But had surgery Tuesday morning & am singing praises to the Lord for it being a success. Left hand now mending. Right hand to be scheduled.
    I plan to put this 20 yr old UFO on design wall & let y'all see & maybe give me some ideas.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Hello All. The pinwheel quilt makes me feel so happy - the colours are great. Fraew's appliqué is amazing - very envious.
    Spurred on by your encouragement I've now finished both January and February quilts. Only small Linus ones but finished non the less. Of course, while you're finishing them you realise just why they are UFOs in the first place - because you didn't like them!
    Happy quilting. Jacki
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry forgot - also identified March. Much prettier fabrics thank goodness.
    Anticipating burn out by April! J

Sigh! That's gonna be just lovely! What method did ya use for your Hex's? Did ya do 'em on the machine or by hand?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Now now now, don't be saying that Jacki you will spoil it for yourself. You can do it girl. I am feeling like a cheerleader today. Working hard at motivating myself, that I am spilling over to others so keep up the good work group, you can do it! YEAH!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Now, help me, I am doing pastels, who would figure, not my thing. I had the worst time picking colors last night. My dear sweet loving DH bought me some fabric at the quilt store in Idaho, but I did nto realize that I needed white base not a cream. So off I go. Spent 45 minutes letting everyone else find what I needed. I am not good at pastels at all, did I repeat myself there, did ya get it? Anyway, when I went to cut it up last night, I realized I did not get my setting blocks fabric so I need to stop by store again and get some for that. Oh my goodness, all I want to do is finish this quilt. Ok, now I am done whining. Thanks for reading.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Sigh! That's gonna be just lovely! What method did ya use for your Hex's? Did ya do 'em on the machine or by hand?
    Thanks. By hand over papers (on the train). Not my normal way of working but quite therapeutic. I do like the colours and am looking forward to doing it when back from Berlin on 4 March. This challenge is going to be so good for me! Regards, Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Now now now, don't be saying that Jacki you will spoil it for yourself. You can do it girl. I am feeling like a cheerleader today. Working hard at motivating myself, that I am spilling over to others so keep up the good work group, you can do it! YEAH!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Now, help me, I am doing pastels, who would figure, not my thing. I had the worst time picking colors last night. My dear sweet loving DH bought me some fabric at the quilt store in Idaho, but I did nto realize that I needed white base not a cream. So off I go. Spent 45 minutes letting everyone else find what I needed. I am not good at pastels at all, did I repeat myself there, did ya get it? Anyway, when I went to cut it up last night, I realized I did not get my setting blocks fabric so I need to stop by store again and get some for that. Oh my goodness, all I want to do is finish this quilt. Ok, now I am done whining. Thanks for reading.
    We have to travel such a long way to a decent quilt shop - you are so lucky. When I was in New England years ago, I couldn't believe how many quilt shops there were. I think I made a mistake earlier - was it you that did the beautiful appliqué that Fraeu is quilting? J

Blog Entries
    I did not do it if she is quilting it, I do know she should be binding an applique quilt that she has. Tattling on you Fraew.

Question ladies: I want to make a spacer block that is 12" finished to go with my applique blocks, I want the corner and diagonal squares to be in a green to go to the corner stone in the sashing, what size do they need to be? Four patch doesn't do it, five patch does (not sure what the measurement is) 6 patch leaves the center to much green because the intersect, 7 patch is over intense for my embroideries I think. Any ideas?

I made some more progress on my Feb UFO this week..... The blocks are all quilted, the first border is on, and the 2nd border is cut. I will start pinning on the 2nd border (same as setting triangles) tonight. Tomorrow I will sew that on and hopefully be able to get the final border (blue) on as well. Then just binding and I am done!! YAY!!
    Last edited by carriem; 02-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    OOOOOOO pretty.

I finished my Feb. UFO, thanks to this thread and all you inspiring quilters. First picture is the front. Second is the back. This is a little lap quilt that I started a couple years ago, just using up scraps.

Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    @Jacki: QuilterMomma is being very bad! She made the quilt and quilted it. All I have to do is bind it...for almost a year now. But, I saved it to bind in December so I'm really only 2 months behind schedule. Ha ha
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh wow Carrie, I love the way you assembled your PC quilt. It is looking great gal!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sapphire-Rae, love your quilt, especially the border and the back is awesome too.

Oh Carrie!!!!!!! I scrolled down saw your quilt, (I always look at the picts before I read who posted it & what they have ta say about it.) As soon as I saw it I not only knew that it was a PC quilt, I knew that it was one o' yours. It's beautiful!!!!! I think the other border will maki it just outstandin'!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic Carrie! I like the setting
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Check out today's eye candy! Lovely work.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

CarrieM ... wow!! looking ever so good ... and soon to be finished!
    Congratulations!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The border on Linda's quilt is fabulous. By the time I get to the border I'm generally not looking for work...... I do think it's a great use of colour, vibrant. Very odd typing this when I know that you are all tucked up in bed. Happy Friday. J

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I made some more progress on my Feb UFO this week..... The blocks are all quilted, the first border is on, and the 2nd border is cut. I will start pinning on the 2nd border (same as setting triangles) tonight. Tomorrow I will sew that on and hopefully be able to get the final border (blue) on as well. Then just binding and I am done!! YAY!!
    That is a stunning quilt. Was it a pattern or did you pick the blocks yourself. I'm particularly drawn to the 3rd block down on the right side. I don't know that I have ever seen that block before. Do you know the name? Really good work.

Karen--these are some of the blocks from the book The Farmers Wife Pony Club Sampler Quilt (http://www.thefarmerswifequilt.com/page04.html) We did it as a group (2 blocks a week) last year here on the boards....some of us didn't keep up so are still working to get finished. I did get my blocks done, so now working on the quilts. I opted to go with 2 twin sized quilts...the setting for this is my own as I wanted to put the blocks on point that "needed" to be...like the trees. There are 90, 8" blocks in the book.

I will have to look up the block you are asking about for sure...the book is out in my sewing "shed" and we haven't shoveled yet, so unless on of the other "pony club" ladies can answer before I get out there today, I will get back to you.

OK do you mean 3rd down in the middle right or the right border blocks? I remembered one of them...looking at threads and trying to find the other...

The middle right on point is called "Eastertide" Here are some other samples: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t187084.html

Found it...the 3rd down on the right border is called "Gold Nuggets"...again here are some other samples: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t190338.html

UFO #2 for the year is done. Batik Braids is from a class DD and I took last fall. I don't FMQ and since this is so linear, I wanted something kinda curvy. DD quilted feathers on it for me. Originally this was to be donated to Project Linus, but I just found out a co-worker has breast cancer. I'll be giving this to her as her "blankie".Name:  IMG_0911.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  130.4 KBThis is a lousy picture, but you get the idea. It's too cold, wet and windy to hang on the clothesline for a decent picture.

Gramajo, this is beautiful. Good luck to your co-worker. Jacki

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast