Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Accuquilt - cutting dies

Accuquilt - cutting dies

Is this a good deal on accuquilt cutting dies/??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-accuquilt-...item43ad37f775

Looks like her fabric is a good price as well

The dies and mats sound like a good buy if it is $90 for all. There is a woman in my guild that sells them for 25% off the retail price and I thought that was a good buy. Compare the prices with what you would pay in Joanns when they are on sale. The catch may be the shipping.
    Trying to sew, quilt or read everyday.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    IMHO Yes that is a good price...

Accu-quilt dies at JoAnn's

Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy View Post
    The dies and mats sound like a good buy if it is $90 for all. There is a woman in my guild that sells them for 25% off the retail price and I thought that was a good buy. Compare the prices with what you would pay in Joanns when they are on sale. The catch may be the shipping.
    The JoAnn's where I live does not honor discount coupons on the Accu-quilt products. It is stated on the coupons. I have asked why in e-mails to them and have never rec'd an answer.

Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Yes it was a good deal. Also had free shipping but has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC View Post
    Is this a good deal on accuquilt cutting dies/??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-accuquilt-...item43ad37f775

Looks like her fabric is a good price as well

Yes it is. About 98% of the dies I have for the Go have been purchased on eBay in bundles like this. What I do is pull up accuquilt.com site and compare retail for each and tally up and than will buy them at less than 50% retail. I have bought probably a dozen such bundles on eBay in the last year and any that I already had sold to quilt members at what I paid for it. They love me around here when I do that. Saves them from hunting them down and than going to get them or ordering them.

An eBay seller which is an LQS out of VA sells the dies and often bundles them and machines on auction side in their eBay store and also does Best Offer and I look for the "best offer" and I send them an offer. Only once did they not accept it. I buy most of my cutting mats from them in bundles of 10 and I get it at about a dollar or two above their cost they get it from Accuquilt (not retail price). That seller is fabrichut67.
    cparant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
    Yes it is. About 98% of the dies I have for the Go have been purchased on eBay in bundles like this. What I do is pull up accuquilt.com site and compare retail for each and tally up and than will buy them at less than 50% retail. I have bought probably a dozen such bundles on eBay in the last year and any that I already had sold to quilt members at what I paid for it. They love me around here when I do that. Saves them from hunting them down and than going to get them or ordering them.

An eBay seller which is an LQS out of VA sells the dies and often bundles them and machines on auction side in their eBay store and also does Best Offer and I look for the "best offer" and I send them an offer. Only once did they not accept it. I buy most of my cutting mats from them in bundles of 10 and I get it at about a dollar or two above their cost they get it from Accuquilt (not retail price). That seller is fabrichut67.

I actually bought my Go from Fabrichut.com Same people, just their website, not their ebay site. When I want to get a new die, I just go check out their website and then I call them. I barter on the phone and usually get it for the price I want to!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

very good buy

I know the auction ended before I could get a reply about it from you experts -
    but I think I will just have to buy some for her fabric - she has great fabric at what appears to be good prices

Banned
    Very good buy, especially if you are interested in all of the dies in this bundle.

Quilt in a Day online currently has a sale on AccuQuilt products, plus their prices are typically ~25% off.

Most JoAnns do not honor coupons on AccuQuilt products, but periodically I hear of someone that was able to do it. This week JoAnns does have 25% off AccuQuilt.

Rosie's Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop (San Diego) also has a coupon that you can find on their site, which is good for 40% off one item when you buy $50 worth of anything. Their fabric is good quality and quite reasonable. While they don't have a good online store I know many from various states & countries that have had good luck just calling the store and telling them what type of fabric they want, or other items. And, you could easily buy $50 worth of AccuQuilt products to be able to use that coupon on another AccuQuilt die or the GO!