Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Go owners >

AccuQuilt Go owners

AccuQuilt Go owners

Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Would you please tell me when you purchase your Go!, did you just get a fabric cutter along? If so, do you regret not getting the Mix and Match set?

I'm debating which one to get. I'm not even sure if I should spent the money. I know a lot of you love your Go! cutter. Are they anyone out there regret getting it? Do you use it often to justify the cost of it?

Thanks for looking and I look forward to your response.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I got the Go and the die basic die set that came with it. It was when it first came out so no mix and match set available. You can save money by buying the package deal. I use the 2 1/2 strip die the most. I have used the 60º diamond and tumbler die more then I thought I would. If you get the rag die, put a piece of paper under the fabric to keep the thread out of the die or you will be picking threads for awhile. You can cut paper with these dies. The dies were made for paper originally.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

I purchased the Go! with just the one basic die that comes packaged with the cutter. Over time I have purchased some of the dies and mats. For me, this is working better than buying the whole mix-and-match package together with the cutter; it would have been overwhelming for me. My cutter was about $280 last year from http://www.shoppersrule.com, but now Amazon and eBay have them for less than that. The individual dies are often on sale now too, so it doesn't cost that much to purchase a new die or two for another quilt.

I thought I might regret the expense, but actually I am not. I am enjoying the Go! even more than I thought I would. Mine was a little hard to crank at first, but has gotten easier with use so that I can now cut 4 layers at a time with no problem.

Because of the Go!, I am actually looking forward to cutting out two quilts over the weekend -- one for my sister, and one for myself (same pattern). I saw a square-in-square quilt on this forum that will be easy to do and will look sensational in batiks with black sashing; that is the quilt I will be cutting out for us. I will be using the 4-3/4" triangle die and 3" finished HST die for the batik square-in-squares, and maybe the 2" strip cutting die for the black sashing.

Because my Go! is portable and all the cuts will be the same, I can even share cutting with my sister and we can swap fabrics for the quilts without the problem of differing rulers or inconsistencies in cut size. The more I use it, the more I like it!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the response. You both are very informative.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM

I got the Go! and have slowly been getting the dies. Personally the one it comes with is not my favorite. Because there are multiple shapes you really have to cut down your machine.

If I had to do it again I would probably have gotten a set, as I had to order alot of individuals dies. The 2 1/2 inch strip alone is like $70...so for the money you might think about a set. :)
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM

i didn't buy the set either. i've just been buying dies as i've had extra money to do so. i've not been disappointed. i use my cutter alot when i'm cutting down my fabric scraps-when i get enough i'll do a scrappy quilt!!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Google Goddess

do you like the accuquilt ?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM

i LOVE my accuquilt!!! makes cutting and storing scraps much easier!!