Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: accuquilt ?

accuquilt ?

I am thinking about getting an accuquilt but I am not sure which one would be the best? I don't want the smaller one. Any help would be appreciated. thx
    ELIZAJANE

Do a search here using the search feature above. There are tons of threads on this and a lot of info.

Blog Entries
    I have the accuquilt go and love it. I didnt want to have the smaller one, so chose the next size up. Not the studio. You will enjoy it :-)

Blog Entries
    If you have the room the Studio cuts more at one time and has many more die designs, but the dies cost more for the Studio then the Go. I have the Go and Go Baby. I rarely cut block pieces any more with a rotary cutter. So many moan the cost of the mats and dies but that is just a fact of having any die machine.
    Got fabric?

I just went through the same thing and ended up choosing a Go. Just got it yesterday so I haven't really had a chance to play with it a lot but I'm really excited about it.

I have the larger one and except for the space it requires, I'm totally happy with it. Apparently now there is even an adaptor for the "Go" dies as well. I went for the larger one because I wanted a custom die and they don't make those for the smaller units.
    Diana

I love my Go!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    There are sooooooooooooo many posts ans threads on the ACCUQUILT... do a search.. You will get lots of info...

I have the GO- and I love it...

If i had the endless money I'd get the Studio...

I also have the Go Baby and love it I don't rotary cut if I have a die ,also use your JoAnns coupons and there is a website that is sewforless that has dies for fare price.Don't regreat buying smaller one as the larger dies are WAY out of my budget.Accuquilt website has a BOM that they are doing that uses the Go Baby.
    Retta97

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retta97 View Post
    I also have the Go Baby and love it I don't rotary cut if I have a die ,also use your JoAnns coupons and there is a website that is sewforless that has dies for fare price.Don't regreat buying smaller one as the larger dies are WAY out of my budget.Accuquilt website has a BOM that they are doing that uses the Go Baby.
    99% of the time, you CANNOT use a Joann's coupon on anything to do with Accuquilt!!!! Joann's frequently runs the dies and mats at 25% off though. That is where I get most of my dies. Although one time when vacationing, I happened across a 50% off clearance of the classic dies including the 2 1/2 strip die at a quilt shop and purchased many of them.
    Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 02-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

someday I am going to buy one these. It just seems like I would use it alot.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    There is a yahoo group (pinsandneedles1) that might be good for you to join, there are LOTS of discussions about all the different die-cutting machines (for both paper and fabric) like Accuquilt Studio and Go! Baby, Sizzix, Slice Fabrique, Big Shot Pro, etc. The moderator sells the machines and dies at great prices, I just bought a few dies for my Go! Baby at nearly 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts View Post
    I have the accuquilt go and love it. I didnt want to have the smaller one, so chose the next size up. Not the studio. You will enjoy it :-)
    That's what I have, as well. It does all I want it to!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I LOVE MY GO. if i had it to do over again? i think i would like the baby. BUT....i have only the basic dies...strips, squares, and tumbler. I dont applique. I may at some point get a baby just so i can take it with me easier than the GO. Get it, you wont regret it, and will love it.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

nancy ziemans site is great for lower prices on the dies. also the quilt warehouse
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

I have the Go and love it. I have found dies on Amazon and Sew for Less that were more reasonably priced. I love the way my squares are all the same. Same with the strip- all the same. I just can't do that no matter how careful I am with my rotary cutter.

Good luck with your decision.

I have the GO and LOVE it!! Go to www.quilting-warehouse.com they have it for $199.99 most of the time AND the dies are cheaper than JoAnn's too. (even after shipping) They also have a GO Starter Set that comes with 8 more dies for $350ish. Happy shopping

Have the Go and the Studio LOVE them.