Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ahhhh annoying!!! >

Ahhhh annoying!!!

Ahhhh annoying!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Just snip the seam at each intersection and repress to the other side. That's what every instructor I have taken a class from has said do when this happens.
I would do what BellaBoo said and move on! I bet when you are done no one will even notice.....well if you are like me I would notice because I did it! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Sometimes our mistakes are our own greatest annoyances. Then yet sometimes they are the greatest accidental discovery ever.. Take a step back and look around, have a cuppa tea or coffee; then look at it with a refreshed mind. I have done so and the mistakes I think are mistakes, are the greatest accidental discovery for my quilts. Then whoever I am sewing for thinks I have specifically designed for them.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:10 AM

You can just trim the seam allowance of the colored fabric narrower than the white in the sewn ones if possible. That might minimize the look and using white batting will also help a lot!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM

My son is in Afghanistan. I'm well aware of what's going on in the world and on the news. Quilting is what I do to make myself feel better and less worried about what's going on, what my son is doing and how all this will affect him, us and the world. I don't really like to watch the show Addiction..... like I said, quilting is what I do to feel good. I definitely don't consider my current issue with my quilt on the same scale as any of those things, or any other. It's just a small issue that I brought to the board, to people that understand since in my world I'm the only quilter and people just don't 'get it'.

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Watch the world news tonight.
Then watch something like the show "Addiction".
The go back and look at your blocks.
Now see if you really feel the problem is earth shattering enough to change it all.
It's all in the perspective.

Jan in VA
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM

If your white seams are behind your white fabric, and you use white batting, won't it all just blend in anyway?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

My distress, no matter how piddling, is mine no matter what is going on in the world. Comparing a small problem to a big one doesn't help me one bit to get over the small one.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Yep that's what I'm going to do. I took a look at it and found that trying to fix it would just point out more issues I'd want to fix. So I'm going to leave it as it is and love and appreciate it. lol Thanks everyone!! Oh! Here's a picture I took. Trying out layouts still and I have a bit more done now. But I'm liking it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v25n4sluyn...911_155833.jpg

Originally Posted by rj.neihart View Post
Yep, keep going!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:42 AM

No way should you redo it. Keep going. Really - the batting and backing will fix it. Wow - I am definitely not as perfectionistic as some. I figured out a long time ago that it is the overall impression of the quilt that makes the difference. The color placement and design. Perfection has never been an obtainable goal for me anyway so why stress. Think about all the quilts you will make after this one.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM

I appreciate and agree completely with this. <3

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
My distress, no matter how piddling, is mine no matter what is going on in the world. Comparing a small problem to a big one doesn't help me one bit to get over the small one.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM

I would continue, I like uniformity too. If you don't tell no one will know but you. And if you use light batting it probably won't show espically after quilting.