Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Of All Of Your Quilts

Of All Of Your Quilts

Show me a picture of your favorite. Now this is not the one that was the easiest, or the one that took the least amount of time. It may be the opposite. The one that was a struggle for maybe two years, but when it was done, you stood back and thought "Look what I have done!".

What one has given you the most satisfaction of all. I want to see it.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I'm wondering if this should go into "Pictures"?

This was the first time I designed my own blocks and I love the way it turned out! Gifted to my sister.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:  IMG_1791.jpg
Views: 2113
Size:  1.01 MBThis is one that I had wanted to do for a long time and I finally completed it last summer. It was a lot easier to make than it looks and the colours are those that I love. I am so pleased with it! It is covering our bed right now and keeping us toasty during this very cold winter.

mine is magic boxes a kit from craftsyby kimberly einmo lots of batik fabric left over for another
    Gale

Blog Entries
    I have two, but this Fancy Dish Dresden plate resides on my brass bed (not Shown). Jane Stickle is on the living room wall and is my second.

Here's Dresden:
    Name:  FD top.jpg
Views: 2078
Size:  159.3 KB
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

@grma33, can't see or link to your beautiful quilt.

It's so hard to pick just one.
    These aren't the best pictures, but this was one of my favorites, partly because it took me several years to complete, and partly because I just had so much fun designing all the appliques. I don't even have a photo of the completed quilt! The side with all the B&W pieces is made with scraps from lots of things I've made over the past 40 years. The mushroom side was just for grins. As you can see, my grandson likes it better than the one I made him when he was born (in the background).

www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

I was so afraid to do a DWR but I really wanted to do it - so I did. It was a present for my nephew, so the colors are not my pick but I am so glad that I did the pattern. Now I am ready to make my sons a DWR when they get married

Name:  Stephen and Lisa 4.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  1.79 MB

I've not figured out how to attach a photo 🙁

Blog Entries
    This is still a top but i love it. from a McCalls quilt magazine years ago I think.

meyert, your DWR is stunningly beautiful. It's one I really would like to make.
    Sally

These are all so beautiful quilts. Sailorwoman-love your quilt I guess because I love browns and your quilt is so pretty.
    Meyert-especially love your quilt too because when I first started quilting I ask my daughter what pattern of quilt she would like me to make and she said she wanted a wedding ring quilt----YIKES!!!! Well-I purchased the plastic templates from Shar Jorgenson and went to the quilt store and picked out fabrics (with tons of help from the ladies there) and came home and started cutting. I got a pizza box and put all of the cut pieces in that and when I got a few minutes to sew away I went. It was fun but quite tedious. Wish I knew how to put pictures on this board so I could show everyone. The quilt turned out very nice and I was pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    These are all so beautiful quilts. Sailorwoman-love your quilt I guess because I love browns and your quilt is so pretty.
    Meyert-especially love your quilt too because when I first started quilting I ask my daughter what pattern of quilt she would like me to make and she said she wanted a wedding ring quilt----YIKES!!!! Well-I purchased the plastic templates from Shar Jorgenson and went to the quilt store and picked out fabrics (with tons of help from the ladies there) and came home and started cutting. I got a pizza box and put all of the cut pieces in that and when I got a few minutes to sew away I went. It was fun but quite tedious. Wish I knew how to put pictures on this board so I could show everyone. The quilt turned out very nice and I was pleased.
    I used Shar Jorgenson's templates as well. As far as posting pictures up top when you are doing a post there is an icon 3 to the right of the smiley face emoticon .... that will walk you through the upload

I would love to see a picture of yours!

When I was staying with my DD while my new house was being put in and set up, I made a quilt top that took me 6 weeks of working on it at night after the kids went to bed. It wasn't really hard, but wasn't really easy either. There was a lot of switching colors out until I was happy and they all played nice together. Consequently, I still have a huge bag of triangles that weren't used. The long arm was one of the first things I set up after the house was done, and I got the top ready and loaded it. And there it sat. For 14 months. At first it was because I couldn't find a panto that I really liked. The quilt has tiny embroidered frogs scattered randomly around, and I wanted a lily pad panto but the only one I found that I liked is digital and I don't have any robotics. A couple months later I finally found a panto that looks like pools of water. I decided that was the one. Then the fear took over. What if I can't do it? What if it looks like crap when it's done? I was so afraid of screwing it up that I couldn't touch it. I almost took it off the frame and sent it to someone else to quilt it. Then one day a few weeks ago I was watching a video on pantos and I finally just thought to myself I can do this, it's time to get it done. So I did. It's not perfect, the first couple passes look more like pools of vomit than water lol, but it got easier as I went along and I'm pretty proud of it actually.
    Name:  S5030120.JPG
Views: 2023
Size:  121.0 KB
    Name:  S5030121.JPG
Views: 2028
Size:  120.7 KB
    Name:  S5030122.JPG
Views: 2022
Size:  118.5 KB

Cari

When you want to put a picture in...first you click the Go Advanced tab. Then below that it will say Manage Attachments. When you click that a window pops up and you want to click browse. In the browse section you get your picture from where you have it. It can be from documents, pictures, or even a flash drive. You open the picture and then upload. After it loads, you click out of that and hit the submit button to send your message.

Good Luck. I can't wait to see your quilts.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    This is my all time favorite...Name:  RentQuilt2015-003.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  146.6 KB
    Life happens...and we react...

Granky - Wow!!! Wow, wow, wow. That is fabulous. Perfect fabric choices. Love the border, too.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-11-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Have this on my bedroom wall. Enjoy looking at it every day.

Name:  Dolphin Quilt - whole pic.JPG
Views: 1933
Size:  340.1 KB Alishia's Dolphins ~ made in celebration of my niece's graduation.

I made 3 major quilts this same year - this one, + another niece's graduation + my Mama's 80th birthday quilt.
    It was a busy year - but wonderful.

Granky holy moly that is absolutely beautiful!! Oh my this post is adding to my bucket list!!

I think my favourite is my black red and white sampler quilt. It took 7 years to complete because I kept putting it away until more inspiration struck or I found more fabric or another block I wanted to try. It is an oversized king and the border is paper pieced double flying geese.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

My favorite is called Scrap in a Box. It is a mystery quilt by Charlotte Hawkes. I went even scrappier than the pattern called for. It was the first quilt that I completed after taking a years long hiatus from quilting, and it was the quilt that made me realize that scrappies are really what I want to make.

Name:  20170830_113152-resized.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  146.8 KB Name:  20170622_233903-resized.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  309.1 KB

There are two unfinished quilts that I would have to say are my all time favourites (so far), but for finished quilts, I have to say this newest collage is one I can stand back and say: "I did that. I didn't think I could and I did it."

Name:  cqafullsmall.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  897.5 KB

Watson

This is my favorite so far. A good friend gave me the panel. It was called Quilt across Texas by Moda. She had purchased it to make a quilt for her son, but she had pretty much quit sewing by then. A few months later my spouse said he wanted a quilt. He said one of my Spy quilts would be fine. I said, "Oh no not that one. I have the perfect quilt for you." I showed him the panel and he said yes of course. (He's a native Texan, and proud of it.)

I found a photo online of this quilt in different colors and copied it. It was a bear. I think I made it three times. Getting all the pieces of the panel sashed and lined up was tough. I would think I had it right and then I would sew it together. It was either crooked or not even or something. So, I'd rip and start over. The stars were my first attempt at applique. I only made them twice.

bkay

(Please don't post my quilt to pinterest.)

I do not have a photo of it after it was quilted. I sent it to the longarmer.

Name:  DSC_1750a.JPG
Views: 1926
Size:  1.32 MB

Blog Entries
    GingerK... Gracious! the border alone would make me think twice....the quilt is beautiful!

Watson...that is FABULOUS!!!! I might try something small some day...just to see if it's my "cup of tea". Sure love it!
    Life happens...and we react...

I like all my quilts but, don't have pictures of all of them.
    Here is one I made for a Granddaughters' friend when she got married a few years ago. I love the colors.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast