Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

Mary,

No you are not doing anything wrong. I checked your post(s) and you average 29 per picture post, I think thats great, keep in mind that alot more look than post. As far as the looking I think that some are very cleaver with thier "captions" that cause more people to look. As far as the posting; I can only speak for myself when I say there are so many to look at that there is no way I can respond to all that I see. I choose to respond to the ones that are something I've done, something I want to do or something I'm interested in. Example, I looked at your table runner and I thought it was beautiful; honestly, but since I don't make table runners I didn't post anything but......I did look! I have time to look at all of them, that's my favorite part but I don't have time to post to all of them or even to post to "all" the ones that I would like to.Does that make sense?

No, don't take it personally. Are you posting them in the pictures pages? Because I usually respond unless there are already a dozen pages and I figure by then the poster has probably moved on to another project.

Peggy in chilly Florida

I have to say, I don't recognize your title. Do you have your settings so everyone can see you? Makes a difference. I don't often comment on photos, but I do print them off and put them in a notebook for future inspirations. Don't be discouraged. Keep at it, but check your settings.

I'm trying to figure out how to say "hello" for the first time! I've been reading the board and wanted to join you, but am very very computer illerate! I don't mean to take away from the subject at hand. SO, here are hugs to the one unhappy quilter!!!!

It could be that some think they have already read enough or answered . We realy do care. I know sometimes I run out of time and do not get to answer or reed all of the posts. :oops:

you do pretty work. keep up the good work, and you are doing a precious job of taking care of you special son. God bless you and yours

NO you are not doing anything wrong.

I've only posted a couple. I find this board is really for me, I learn so much here so I almost look at it as a class room, When I posted my one lol good baby quilt for CHD charity, I was my own best critic. It seemed odd actually looking at my work. I have even made a few very wonderful friends. So Mary would you like to be one of my friends? and many (((((hugs)))) by the way I am just a basic quilter, enjoy and have never made one of those far out ones that are show pieces (maybe someday lol) Stay with us. have a great day.

took me over an hour to find how to look at what you posted
    --looked--they are all great --never posted just made comments--still learning how to use camera --then i will catch up with the quilts I made in last few yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    I am sorry that you feel hurt. If it makes you feel better, it happens to me often too. I notice that many people read the topic, but don't reply. So, I personally have put more value on those who do respond. By the way, I lived in the San Gabriel Valley for 13 years. I love San Marino :)
    I read most topics posted but very seldom reply. Not that I don't "like" something but usually all I can add is another "fantastic or beautiful or ???". So don't feel hurt. Also, I am a newbie, very new to quilting and spend most of my time, reading and learning and soaking up all the knowledge I can from all the wonderful ladies and gentlemen that share.

That is too bad you feel that way! I don't think anyone intentionally would pass by your posts. Myself, sometimes I am trying to fly thru the board and don't have enough time to make all the comments I'd like to. Keep posting, we love seeing everyone's creations!

I wouldn't be too upset. I often look at the wonderful quilts that have been posted and don't add a comment. Now I will express my awe at your beatiful quilts. Sorry:(

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Sometimes it just happens that way especially if there are a lot of new topics posted in a day. I have some that have very few posts but I don't worry about it. Try not to let it get to you. We love you!!
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with CJ :D
    WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    PS. I'm glad you spoke up though. Not good to keep things bottled up.

Blog Entries
    Well, I wonder, too, why when I get an email to view the board... I click on a topic and there are 11 + pages already responded. Who's going to read through all those and look at my piddly response... sometimes I do write something (just to get it off my chest) other times, I just give up and move on.

Like Woody1229, I too think there is some glitch that I'm not catching on to.

Good luck. It is a wonderful board otherwise. Even now, I looked "Online" for the few names listed "Online" in red color, and they are not on that chat...not even listed! Things that make you say Hhhmmmmmmm......????????

I get the daily digest and it lists the top postings. Those are the ones I read. I hardly ever go directly to the board, so this may be one reason. People like me may not even see your photos. I guess I need to start going to the board directly.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Mary, I would like to share something with you to give you perspective.
    I recently had a very scary experience with my Mom being sick. I posted a couple of times on her situation and progress. I got a lot of responses but I would bet my last fat quarter than a LOT more people care, just didn't respond for one reason or another.

If someone didn't post about my Mom I do NOT think they don't care- see what I mean??? Things just get lost in the shuffle.
    Hope you get my drift. And by the way my MAMA is doing great!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I just went back and looked at several of you pictures, they are all awesome. Then I was noticing how many view you got, that was impressive. You will probably be over whelmed with replies now. But for me personally, I love to look at all the pictures that are posted, but I don't comment on but very few because I don't like being over whelmed with emails on others replies. Don't feel bad please.

Don't worry about it. There are lots of times when my time is short, I don't comment on hardly any of the posts. Then if I have a lot of time, will comment on quite a few. Please do not feel slighted if there are only a few comments. I do think it depends a bit on when the photo is posted, A lot of people are here first thing in the AM and some are on late at night. Hang in there, Personally I have never seen a "bad" quilt shown on the board.

No, it is not you. I had never thought of checking to see how many responses I got when posting. it may be your timing, as sometimes I see that posts get buried by others do to the number of people posing right after someone has, so it gets way down in the line. Please know that it is not you. I will take special care to go back and look at your posts. Please take a cyber hug from lots of us.

I look at all the posts that come with the daily email, but seldom respond. The quilts and other things shown are always so beautiful. Please know that there are many of us who enjoy reading and looking even if we don't say anything. Keep on posting and sharing your quilts. Have a good evening. Auntie D

I just found out how to look at all of your posts by reading some of the comments from other users and I really do like all of your work. My favorites are your mother's lap quilt and the log cabin pillow. You do great work. Don't be dicouraged.

Me personaly I get so excited about all the beautiful quilts I see. I either bookmaek them or print pictures of them. And my manors just don't kick in. So im sorry if i have seen your quilts and not commented. I know they must be beautiful and yo are very proud of them or you would'nt post them . sorry for not taking a few seconds to acknowledge your hard and beautiful work.

Most definitely not you! Speaking for myself, I'll admit that I spend way too much time here looking at pictures, reading suggestions and tutorials, and sometimes, in the interest of saving time, I don't comment. I have enjoyed each and every one of your quilts, and shame on me for not telling you that!
    Your wedding quilt is exquisite, and your teacher gifts make me a tad jealous... nobody ever gave me anything like that when I taught school (although I got some lovely gifts, just not hand made). Loved your Thanksgiving table runner, and it gave me a little kick to get me moving toward making one. And what a lovely surprise those flag placemats were... sure to bring back a lot of good memories to those girls. The quilt for your mother was lovely, too, and I hope she enjoys it in good health for many years. And so I could comment on all your pictures.

So you see, it is not you, it is just an unfortunate oversight on the readers' part. I promise to do better in future. And thanks for sharing anyway. :)

It's not you, just like a lot of others have said, I'm one of those people that likes to watch the pictures, but I'm also guilty of not making comments. In too much of a hurry to get to the next post. I'll try and do better, some posts I never even look at, due to lack of time. Do ♥ your work.

I got curious after I saw your post, since I see that one thing that seems to get a lot of response are the pictures. I always think that lots of folks use that section to keep up their 'regular here' status or to pump up their numbers on posts. All of the pictures I looked at for you had two or three pages of responses and those responses were made at the time of the post.
    Your work was great looking in my opinion and it seemed that lots of folks agreed according to the posts on you pictures.

Hi all, I'm one of those people that look but don't post. Besides that I only read the first 5 or 6 posts then I move on. Everyone before me said it all. All the pictures of the quilts are great but I don't want to keep repeating how nice they are. Everyone who takes the time to post pictures of the quilts they've made should be very proud of them and also the pictures. Not everyone is that talented. Everyone in this group does great work.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast