Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another quilt shop closing with hugh reductions >

Another quilt shop closing with hugh reductions

Another quilt shop closing with hugh reductions

Old 03-26-2011, 05:58 AM

My favorite quilt shop is closing which brings tears to my eyes but at the same time I would like to help my friend who owns the shop. She is having inventory reduction sales until everything is gone. Right now l00% cotton by name brand companies is $5.00 per yard, $4.50 for solids and textured solids, $l.00 and $l.25 for fat quarters. 50% off notions, 50% off books and a free book with every $200 purchase. She also has antiques.
It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 AM

So very sad to hear this! I wish I lived closer - would definately be there to help her clean out her fabrics. ;-)
Old 03-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Hard times. Sorry for your friend and thank you for the heads up.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by doglover
My favorite quilt shop is closing which brings tears to my eyes but at the same time I would like to help my friend who owns the shop. She is having inventory reduction sales until everything is gone. Right now l00% cotton by name brand companies is $5.00 per yard, $4.50 for solids and textured solids, $l.00 and $l.25 for fat quarters. 50% off notions, 50% off books and a free book with every $200 purchase. She also has antiques.
It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky
Can we shop online, or do you have to visit the actual store?
Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 AM

maybe you could take some pics of the fabrics and other stuff and sell it here for her? if that is even allowed.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Jim

It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky

Is this in Middletown down by Ben Franklin?...Snyder?...we are going in next weekend from Bardstown...need a proximity to the location..would like to visit and see what she has left..thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 02:29 PM

She will be closed on Saturday because someone is buying her fixtures and picking them up that day but she will be open on Friday.

She is closer to Hurstbourne Lane on the same side of the street as Ben Franklin. She is in Dorsey Plaza. When you see Little Caesar's Pizza and the 32 flavors Ice Cream place, you are there. She is in the same building, just around the corner, on the Little Caesar's side.

Is this in Middletown down by Ben Franklin?...Snyder?...we are going in next weekend from Bardstown...need a proximity to the location..would like to visit and see what she has left..thanks[/quote]
Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 PM

By the time I added postage and the packing material, the price would be almost the same as full price or close, right? Not at this point. Maybe if the price goes nower. She is talking about lower prices next week.

Originally Posted by sahm4605
maybe you could take some pics of the fabrics and other stuff and sell it here for her? if that is even allowed.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 PM

I am sorry but she does not have a shop on line. She never got around to that part of the business.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
It is Sew Vintage
l0279 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Ky
Can we shop online, or do you have to visit the actual store?
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

So sad, another shop closing!