Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Board members going to Indianapolis quilt show Oct 28 & 29?

I was thinking of driving over to the quilt show in Indianapolis on Oct. 28 & 29. I'm wondering if there are any QB members that will be there? If so, would there be a meet and greet somewhere. Has someone already posted something on this order, did I miss it?

Blog Entries
    maybe there's info in the Offline events section. you might want to check there

Blog Entries
    Where is it being held in Indy? It's only a 2 hour drive for me as I live north of Indy.

I'd meet you if I still lived in Marion, IN.!! At times I miss IN., but I enjoy the weather in FL. much better especially during the winter months!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    I'd meet you if I still lived in Marion, IN.!! At times I miss IN., but I enjoy the weather in FL. much better especially during the winter months!!
    I bet you enjoy the FL weather much better!!!

I use to live in Indy, now it's a 10 hr drive. :(

Jim
    wheres the show? we are 2 1/2 hours south of Indy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Where is it being held in Indy? It's only a 2 hour drive for me as I live north of Indy.
    where are you? I'm also about 2 hours north of Indy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gale
    Ft Wayne! Where are you?

Blog Entries
    Wow-you aren't very close to me despite being the same distance from Indy. lol. I think Ft Wayne is a good 2 hours from me. I guess I'm more northwest and you're more northeast. I'm closer to Logansport.

I think craftybear had posted a link about this show but I cant find it, darn.

I'm IN Indy! Yes, I'm going! My first quilting event as a new Indiana resident. I'll probably go on Friday in case I want to go back again on Saturday.

I found this info on the web, it is essentially what the litte flyer I picked up at my LQS; the guild also has a web site but when I click on the show link it wasn't coming up idk maybe someone is working on their web page.

October 2011 - Quilters Guild of Indianapolis 2011 Show

Westfield Middle School
    345 Hoover Street
    Westfield, Indiana

Friday & Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Date: October 28 & 29, 2011

The only thing I saw on off line events was a posting announcing it last Sept. 1.

Blog Entries
    Wow-you aren't very close to me despite being the same distance from Indy. lol. I think Ft Wayne is a good 2 hours from me. I guess I'm more northwest and you're more northeast. I'm closer to Logansport.
    My mother and her family grew up in Peru-Logansport area. My great aunt lived in 12 mile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kayahr
    I'm IN Indy! Yes, I'm going! My first quilting event as a new Indiana resident. I'll probably go on Friday in case I want to go back again on Saturday.
    great! I was thinking about taking Friday off so I could go on Friday too, DH and I might be able to visit pm or Sat am with his sister a bit west of Indy. I'l pm you with a number.

Blog Entries
    My mother and her family grew up in Peru-Logansport area. My great aunt lived in 12 mile!!!
    small world! We were just in 12 mile today-we take our dog to the vet there. Someone else here on this board lives in Peru. I'm about 17 miles north of Logansport but it's where we do almost all of our business.

What a great idea. I'll be there. \
    Indiana quilt show
    A Quilters Journey
    October 28th and 29th
    10 am to 5 pm
    Westfield Middle School
    US 31 and 181st street

Pam Reid Chair person
    [email protected]

www.quiltguildindy.com

Hope to see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by starshine
    I was thinking of driving over to the quilt show in Indianapolis on Oct. 28 & 29. I'm wondering if there are any QB members that will be there? If so, would there be a meet and greet somewhere. Has someone already posted something on this order, did I miss it?

Yes I am planning it, requested the day off on Friday.
    kayahr said she was going on Friday, so looking like maybe we can meet each other.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I have to go to South Bend on the 29th for an event for my kids and I don't want to do two big trips two days in a row. Maybe next year.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am planning on going and maybe we can set up a meet and greet.

What day are you going?

I just posted this in the offline section so we can have more members to read about the quilt show coming up.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-160593-1.htm#4463502

Blog Entries
    yes, what day are you coming so we can plan on a meet and greet

Blog Entries
    Please let me know what day others are planning on attending so we can try to meet.

I can go both days.

I created this thread for us in offline section so please post there if you are planning on attending and send me a private message so I can give you my cell phone # so we can plan on meeting.

There are local restaurants in the area and we can meet afterwards for supper. Also during the show we can meet. Just let me know.

I am also working on later on to have a sew day for all of us in the area of Noblesville, Indiana for a meet and greet, sew day, show and tell and demonstrations.

Karen, Craftybear

I was away and offline over the weekend. I plan on driving over to go on Friday. I had heard from Kayahr. We talked about trying to do a preliminary meet at the quilt show at a scheduled time maybe 1:00, she was going to contact the guild and try to find out if there would be a place that would work out for that at the location. That way if someone couldn't do the after the show meet and greet we would at least meet at the quilt show. Do you have suggestions for how we would tell each other if we try to meet at the show? I think someone at the Houston show last year had made themselves a QB Badge they wore while walking around, but I don't know if they had actually had a designated meeting area. Then if you find a place for meet and greet after the show we can do that. Ok heading over to the Offline events link.

Ft Wayne! Where are you?

Just south of Decatur here!

Blog Entries
    I usually pin a piece of fabric to my top and use a cute bear pin to pin the fabric on to my top.

Please send me a private message so we can exchange phone #'s and plan on a time to meet.

Karen, Craftybear

I was away and offline over the weekend. I plan on driving over to go on Friday. I had heard from Kayahr. We talked about trying to do a preliminary meet at the quilt show at a scheduled time maybe 1:00, she was going to contact the guild and try to find out if there would be a place that would work out for that at the location. That way if someone couldn't do the after the show meet and greet we would at least meet at the quilt show. Do you have suggestions for how we would tell each other if we try to meet at the show? I think someone at the Houston show last year had made themselves a QB Badge they wore while walking around, but I don't know if they had actually had a designated meeting area. Then if you find a place for meet and greet after the show we can do that. Ok heading over to the Offline events link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast