Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone buy and use already the Pellon battings one day Joann's sale? >

Anyone buy and use already the Pellon battings one day Joann's sale?

Anyone buy and use already the Pellon battings one day Joann's sale?

Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
Before Thanksgiving, Joanns was having a lot of one day sales and one of those days was a 60" wide x 20 yards of Quilters Touch® Polyester Batting by Pellon. It was siliconized polyester.

If you purchased this and used it... what do you think of it? It's on sale today and I'm wondering if I should pick up a roll or two of it.... They don't have it in the store for me to look at so I can't tell if it's decent batting. I don't like fluffy batting if that makes sense. Man I wish I could see and touch this in person!
I really like it. I use a juki on a Gracie frame to quilt and have used it for several quilts. Especially kids quilts - quilts so easy and I like the feel better than 100% cotton - 20/80 still my favorite but would recommend this for kids quilts and charity quilts - but haven't been able to find where to buy it by the roll again
Old 09-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

I use Pellon battings and like them just fine. once in a quilt can't tell the difference from an expensive batting. I order mine by the bolt from Walmart online. They have so much more on line than in the stores. I mostly use 80/20 batting but have used others. I also buy my interfacings and stabilizers by the bolt. The prices are so much better than by-the-yard or small package prices, even beats JoAnns sale prices. If I don't have a large enough order to get free shipping(rarely happens) they ship it to my nearest store for free pick up.

Cari
Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 PM

I have bought that batting from Joann's twice (both times for $29.99) last year. I like it, but found that the second roll was thicker than the first. I would buy it again if Joann's ever has it again.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
I have bought that batting from Joann's twice (both times for $29.99) last year. I like it, but found that the second roll was thicker than the first. I would buy it again if Joann's ever has it again.
It's 29.99 now with free ship.
http://www.joann.com/pellon-siliconi...=false&start=1