Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have Gremlins...

I had lost a pincushion near the chair where I sew. I assumed it had fallen in the garbage can and was long gone. After about 2 weeks, it suddenly reappeared exactly where I had been looking for it... yep I have gremlins too!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have them too. My Gremlins are named Miles, Marcus, & Mackenzie. lol I've lost so many things, mostly scissors, that I keep them in a tub and strictly ban them from using them. They seem to think it's ok to use them when I have them out though. I absolutely refuse to let them use my fabric scissors on paper!!!

Power Poster
    Everyone blames me because I tend to be a bit messy.

But it's not always ME that misplaces things.

I HAVE GREMLINS! I found my scissors in my purse. Okay, I confess I forgot I had put them in there. At least an hour of cutting time lost. :shock:

No gremlins at our house, but do you remember the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz? Yep, they live here. Even the cats are scared of them. We never knew our house had so many hiding places before the monkeys got here.

Darren

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have been losing a pair of jeans in the house. NO it is not that messy in my house and there are only certain places they could be. Pat swears he has no idea - I'm pretty sure the cat didn't shlepp them off - so that leaves Gremlins. If you are a Harry Potter fan, I'd go with Nargles - they also misplace things.

Didn't you know about the quilters gremlins? They have caused problems for us all at one time or another. I think mine like to hide with the dust bunnies! :lol: :lol:

I could not find my credit cards, cash etc this am. Went through the house three times and gave up. Got to the office, sat down and something poked me....they were in my back pocket.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seamstome
    I could not find my credit cards, cash etc this am. Went through the house three times and gave up. Got to the office, sat down and something poked me....they were in my back pocket.
    Ha ha, that would so be me!! My Mom couldn't find her keys one day. She finally gave up and used her spare set to run errands. Later that day she opened the fridge only to find them sitting next to the milk. Go figure!! lol

I totally have them I can machine quilt all day stitches perfect,shut the machine down,next morning someones messed with my tension.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I have been losing a pair of jeans in the house. NO it is not that messy in my house and there are only certain places they could be. Pat swears he has no idea - I'm pretty sure the cat didn't shlepp them off - so that leaves Gremlins. If you are a Harry Potter fan, I'd go with Nargles - they also misplace things.
    After a good 3 weeks, I finally found my jeans. I was making a jean quilt and somehow they accidently got in the wrong pile. I remember when I was cutting them up thinking, "Boy these are a nice dark blue, and soft too". :shock:

One of my favorite set of books is "The Borrowers". It's about a family of minuture people who live among us. They are the ones who take those missing things to their own homes. I read them to all my children, and have enjoyed them again myself. I'd highly recommend them to anyone with a spark of imagination and adventure.

I'm sure they are living with my house. Happens to me all the time.

Here I thought it was because I wasn't putting it where it belonged. Sure glad it wasn't me.

Blog Entries
    Yep, I even call out to my gremlins by name - "Weared-it-go" and "Ah-doan-no". Would you believe that they even love to hide my car keys, my phone, and the cable that hooks my camera to my PC? This morning, they took one of my slippers and I am sure they blamed it on the dog.

I have Gremlins all over this house. The worst one is the sock Gremlin. He eats one of every pair of socks we have. We have another one that eats bills and homework papers, and one who eats all of the office supplies I buy.....

Banned
    Mine isn't a gremlin--it is our resident ghost named Mark! (We get mail for someone named Mark with our last name and the post office has no idea who he is). So we blame Mark for EVERYTHING!!!! He's been around for over 10 years now.

Got em'! I too thought it was kids but only have the 21yo home & he's a policeman so it better not be him! Like many others I have some things in multiples because of that. Just finished quilting my Lil' Twister table runner, turned to grab the binding and lo and behold-GONE. It's been 2 days & still haven't found it. I'll wait a couple more days then hit the stash :lol:

Yep....and LOTS of pairs of scissors here too!

Never! I may be "older" but "elderly"??? No Way!!!! :-D :-D

I totally do have an army of Gremlins - I think I could cut my sewing time in half and get a million things done if it weren't for them.

Gosh, I kept putting it off to old age. If I were a little bit more organized?????????

He's got my 2" square ruler! It was just here last night, now it's gone.

Oh my yes! I don't know whether I'm losing my sight or my mind. A friend of mine had a funny little poem (prayer, maybe, since it has a saint's name in it) that he told me - to say when you can't find something. Helps pass the time as you look for your missing object. "St. Joseph, St. Joseph, please come around! Help me find something that can not be found"! It's funny, but after a couple times of saying this and looking, I generally find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Yes, I have live-in Gremlins myself. I have a live-in ghost,
    i call him George, who moves things around when I forget
    about him. Even my cats sometimes walk around in circles,
    rubbing the legs of someone who is just barely here.
    Last week George took my rotary cutter and cutting pad from
    where I had put it, right after using it. After I'd ironed the backing to the fabric, marked and cut it out, started looking for it where I knew I'd put it for safe keeping, but I still haven't found it to cut the square backing for the applique figures.

I'm going to have to cut most of it with sissors, and maybe he
    will see how angry I am and put it out in plain sight.

That's my story and I'm keeping it!!
    And I'm going to adopt a ghost, too. That's a lot better than claiming Alzheimers :thumbup: Now to come up with a great name. Thanks for your story.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast